Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

got a little more... JDM?

1K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  ThunderGod 
#1 ·
okay, thundergod, scotty, aireck. yellow sub, and the rest... what did I get more of today? JDM, VIP, bB, USDM - nothing...

Last night I installed the genuine 300mm convex Broadway mirror and some color matched keyhole covers. love 'em all. why don't car makers just make the stock mirrors like this?

so did I get closer to any particular category? I don't have the body kit or wheels or interior for VIP. I don't know how much JDM parts you need before you enter the JDM arena. bB - don't know. I'm going for the sporty, clean line look...

help a brotha out

#2 ·
Im really not quite 100% sure. Id have to see the car to determine which style you fit in if any. If you dont fit in any, its still all good, as there are some badass boxes that arent JDM. (Taz, Frankenscion, etc) Post up some pics though, Im anxious to see it!

scotty

#3 ·
okay. here's a few that I have on my office computer... I'm at work and don't have the camera. so these are a little dated - no mirror, no hole covers, the OEM wing is gone and I'm shaving the trunk wiper and I now have front camber... there's pics on here somewhere.

happy judging:

Attachments

#5 ·
sportmax 002's: 15x8 +0 w/ 205/50/15 Kumhos.

unique still in my neck of the woods, but pretty common on here. I love 'em, but gimme some WedsSport MA86's any day! if you're shopping for wheels, shop, shop, save and shop. get what you want regardless of what it costs. eventually, you'll kick yourself for not doing it. look at Eric - can you imagine the conversations at his house..."Eric, what's that?! another set of wheels?! we only have one car - why do you need another set of rims?!" " but, honey - they're rare and from the motherland!" " don't gimme that..."

wait. no. that's a conversation I had w/ my wife.

you get the picture.

#9 ·
sid, boom box thank you my brothers. I really don't care what my style is. I'm just so happy when I do any small mod, that I have to share. in this case, I shared in the context of: categories. I'm so drawn to so many different styles - I really don't care. I just wanna take (steal) what stands out. what I want is FLOW. okay, CLEAN and FLOW.

sid, your's flows. the overall composition of the car just works. the xB is an odd platform for what you've got going, but you are pulling it off. it's great. you should seek out "Garage" magazine and get in it.

so many others on here have given me something to shoot for. thanks to all. please keep poting pics and allowing me to rob your ideas. some day I'll have a black version of Matt's (Opr8r) ride.

#8 ·
As stated in another thread, it's not about how many parts are on your car. It's about achieving the style you want. Sometimes, the style you choose can fall under a specific category.

Here's how I do the most simple of classifictions, it's just 2.

JDM = You've purchased nothing but the *finest and best true Japanese parts for your whip. To me, VIP/EXE, a stylish wagon...etc...bB, is under this classification.

USDM = You've sought long and hard for certain pieces to make your vehicle unique, you've got a mixture of some US parts and Japanese parts, or no Japanese parts at all.

Either one is a GOOD classification to be under as it doesn't matter when you have a car that's done-up well.

* Some say JDM parts are better quality, made of better materials, crafted better. I feel some of the parts made, make this true.

#10 ·
I'm really diggin' the aggrerssive 002's. nice and shiny as well.

I don't really have much say in judging your car, as mine is a chopped mess of all sorts right now. It took me nearly 2 years to decide what I wanted to do, and I'll tell you, wheels make a lot of the look.

I really like what you've done, and I can't wait to see how your interior comes through, that is, if you're done with the outside for now.

All in all, keep it up, I really like what you've done with the place!

#11 ·
okay, thundergod, scotty, aireck. yellow sub, and the rest... what did I get more of today? JDM, VIP, bB, USDM - nothing...

Last night I installed the genuine 300mm convex Broadway mirror and some color matched keyhole covers. love 'em all. why don't car makers just make the stock mirrors like this?
help a brotha out
i have that mirror as well. i found out the reason why they dont make it that big is when i tried to pull down the sun visor, it hits the rear view mirror, you can shove it all the way to the passenger side but it will still clip the visor when you pull it down. thats why i always keep a set of driving sun glasses in the car :)

#12 ·
lookin good peterbilt. in my opinion if your gonna shave the wiper hole go all out and shev the entire hatch. yes i know you'd have to go with a body kit, (or ghetto rig a bracket like me to run the plate) but if your gonna have the hatch painted and leave the car you might as well do it. you have a black car and just putting a plug or vinal will make it look shaved. heck here' my old hatch.

looks shaved right? na it's just vinal. and with you having black it'll look even closer.

#14 ·
you're readin' my mind. I've already tried to plan out the plate placement and how to light it. oh, for a bB hatch!

but what it all comes down to is... $. well, $ and the wife. I love her, but let's just say that the car would look a lot different if she let me run around w/ an open wallet.

thanks for the compliment. I'll be hitting you up one of these days for a tray.

#13 ·
hey peter, were you at my house or what? lol. you know it bro. ;)

*putting on flame suit*
after conversing with you in the past, you seem to go towards clean, simple and sleek style with yur ride.

"try" switching your........
TYC to OEM.
OEM to KENSTYLE Front Lip.
and no OEM, or aftermarket foglights.

i think thats all the mod you need to do bro, clean, simple and sleek.
plus, your wife will be happy cause its a smaller hole in your wallet, instead of a gapping hole.

can someone photochop these for him?
i would, but i dont have PS.

#15 ·
man, you guys are good. Eric, you nailed it... I've been shopping for new tails this past week. I never concided going back to the OEM's. I still have 'em. I like the Anzo's though.

I'm working on a whole new kit - kinda noblesse meets NKB meets Garson. sporty not VIP. it's a slow haul but I'm not giving up - buyin some supplies today.

no go on the fogs? I like my fogs, they go w/ my head lights. bB headlights... that'd be nice.

#16 ·
forgot that yur making a one off.........:rolleyes:

if thats the case, then i have to see it first, and then give you my thoughts on it. pm me pics.

BTW, did you get my pm? you know, the excerpt from "FUEL TIME"?
click the link on my signature, and youll find what yur looking for.

no, you wont see my ride on there yet, but soon. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.