Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 284 Posts

·
Cantaloupe
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally decided to do it. I've been lurking here for awhile now, and made a build on bbsquad, so I'm not feeling lazy and I guess I'll post one here :p I feel superr late to the xB game; everything I've done has been done before. Nothing exciting yet, hell practically nothing at all. But whatevs I'll get there someday. Get ready for a crapload of pics :D

Truckin

Cleared corners

Shout out to Josh; some of you may recognize these;)

Rocked this rake for awhile :mad: long story

Lame interior w/ homemade shift boot from a t-shirt and blox shift knob

Leather steering wheel cover

Re-did my tails

Basically how it is now

As you can see, it's not very well-documented progress lol. I have a lot more pictures on my PB but I really don't feel they show anything interesting haha. That's all for now, all feedback is welcome!!

·
Tactical Toaster
2,397 Posts
Looking good. I was wondering how the twists looked on the xB.

Shift boot looks good, I wouldn't know it was a t-shirt!

·
Cantaloupe
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking good. I was wondering how the twists looked on the xB.

Shift boot looks good, I wouldn't know it was a t-shirt!
They don't look bad; a super basic wheel that had way too meaty of tires. I had the other wheels from my DC though, and I liked them a lot better. I couldn't stand the look of the fake leather, and I wanted something crazy haha. Thanks!

·
Cantaloupe
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I got a tap yesterday since the top holes in my hub are cross threaded. Anyone have any tips on rethreading with a tap? from what I've read online it's super easy to screw up

·
Cantaloupe
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^Thanks man. In the meantime I've been trying to put the side that is completely fine back together. I have done this before many many times. The bolts simply won't thread correctly. The most I've gotten is 2 out of 4. I know the hub is ok because I'll pull it aside and simply thread the bolts into it, easily. I've tried with a hub spacer, hub spacer and camber, just camber, and completely stock, and it still has not worked. Why has such an easy job being so stubborn? Am I missing something?

·
Cantaloupe
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looking good! What's next on the list?
Thanks man hopefully I can get my drum off today to remove the tap my dad broke off in the hub, then camber can go back on. After that, it's wheels

---------- Post added 04-10-2013 at 05:22 PM ----------

So I finally got my baby back on the road today. My dad managed to break off the tap in m hub yesterday: facepalm. but I wasn't that mad cause it was him not me, and now he had to help me. Anyways, my mechanic torched it out for free :thumbup: and I got all my **** back on, new stickers, and painted my valve cover to boot. I'll post pics tomorrow when there's enough light

·
Cantaloupe
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Glad to hear that all got sorted out man. I'm sure it seemed like just one thing after another... looking forward to pics!
Seriously dude I was pretty pissed there for a lil, but I know everyone has experienced this pain lol. Your ride is lookin great on air btw!

---------- Post added 04-11-2013 at 03:38 PM ----------

So here's a mini update (not that anyone really cares :(). I manage to put my VC on wrong after painting it, and didn't find out until today:

Oil everywhere. Dealer wanted about $30 for a new VC gasket, so I rode my bike down to O'Reilly, which is like 5 minutes from my house riding, and it was only $15. I got some oil and a filter too cause why not do and oil change now? Anyways, got it all squared away. Here's my VC:

I think it turned out pretty good considering I half assed the prep lol. So I could get the jack under her:

I'll leave with an ass shot, and yes I really do need a camera

·
SO*CAL
1,102 Posts
Hell yeah glad to see all is going well Davis ,
I like the vc color.
To me the engine looks naked without the cover lol

·
Tactical Toaster
2,397 Posts
The xB is one of the few engines that looks a bit naked without that trim.

A wire tuck or a better looking loom would fix that right up though, maybe paint the coilpacks.

·
Cantaloupe
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hell yeah glad to see all is going well Davis ,
I like the vc color.
To me the engine looks naked without the cover lol
Thanks Alex! Idk I like it better haha
The xB is one of the few engines that looks a bit naked without that trim.
A wire tuck or a better looking loom would fix that right up though, maybe paint the coilpacks.
I would love to do a wire tuck, one of my long future plans

·
Call Da Amberlamps!
981 Posts
Wire tuck that bish! I'm in the process of doing mine right now. So far I've done AC/PS delete, with battery relocation (completely hidden) as my next step. You know you want to!

·
Cantaloupe
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wire tuck that bish! I'm in the process of doing mine right now. So far I've done AC/PS delete, with battery relocation (completely hidden) as my next step. You know you want to!
I so want to! I just read up about it all afternoon yesterday. If I had another car I'd be doing it right now lol. Inspire me!! :p

·
Tactical Toaster
2,397 Posts
buy a cheap scooter as a DD till it's done, then flip the scooter ;)

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
You know, I've been throwing around the idea of tossing the valve cover... cover... and just getting my valve cover itself powder coated purple, but there's just so many wires and **** in the area. I feel like the engine bay needs a solid tuck before you can really show case that mod.

Either way, seems like you're off to a good start. What's the over-all theme you're going for?

1 - 20 of 284 Posts