Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was reading the little booklet thing from the dealership. and the details of the new xB talk about a navigation system. so i though to my self "self - that would be neet if i could take one of those and put it in my first gen box." anyone have any thoughts on that?

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it appears to be, the stock option is the standard deck and they have the disk changer with the ipod and all that jazz, then they have the navigation deck as an option as well. with all the same features but completely touch activated. headrest monitors are also a factory option. man this is sure going to take 'customizing' to the next level if all these things are becoming a stock option

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Some are taking the ones out of the Camry and putting them into the boxes. These are probably the same units or close to it. I can't see Toyota venturing too far on differences.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Just going by pictures the menus looked completely different. with the nav, monitors, super charger, and all the other options i can see a fully optioned toaster hitting the 27 to 30K mark now. gotta have that. the car got bloated and so did the price tag.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Just my opinion but I think it would fit. The cost? That's a whole different ball game.

·
Registered
51 Posts
It installed with the addition of a couple of side filler pieces from Crutchfield. These side filler pieces fill the 1/2" gap between the side of the GPS and the inside of the surround plastic. I also used an electronic adapter assembly mating the D3 to the stock xB connectors. I installed the GPS receiver antenna Directly above the speedo but under the plastic dashboard cover. The signal still is strong. The mapping system works great with no degregration on the signal.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
It looked like it would fit our classic xB radio opening, but who knows what the connections look like, and like Taz said the cost is probably really high. My friend got a quote for the color changing radio in the 2006 xB's, and they quoted some crazy price of $550+! Who knows what this would cost, and you wouldn't be able to find a private party seller for a while. Would probably be better to go with any of the aftermarket HU out there.

·
Registered
73 Posts
i've got the avic-d2 in my box and it definately rules, the d3 has its plus and minuses but either one of them are awesome choices...i could live without having to use those 1/2 pieces but having a whole there is worse

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've since added a 6 disk CD changer, Rear view camera and PAC steering wheel interface controller to my D3 setup. The unit works perfectly and I'm really happy with my unit!

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I'm sure the Nav radios are gonna end up on the black market known as eBay. They're gonna get jacked or stolen and you'll be buyin one for your 1st gen xB. Mid line radio also has 2.4 volt outputs on the back. Only thing is it's still a Pioneer deck and it stills sounds like a Pioneer. And I am still miffed about the option to change the color to blue. Why?? the dash comes in orange. New Scions are gonna put yet another big dent in my paycheck as now new owners won't have to buy a radio for the car. already has rca outputs, can add Sat radio then, Nav is already there if needed, I-pod, etc. Ouch.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts