Scion xB Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
heim joint alternator bracket....several to choose from. thinking 2 1/2" one but eyelets are 3/8". this one?......

4 1/2" fully in and 6" fully out...

there is also 1 1/2" one that goes from 3 1/2" to 5" fully out

my bolt centers with belt tensioned are 5". My concern would be if 3/8 eyelet openings would be problem or just tension it up against the bolts til belt tensioned right amount then tighten mounting bolts down?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
from what I saw in other thread, looks like the 2 1/2" one is the right one. Kinda tempted to order up that one linked above. Hard to deny the clean simplicity aspects of it.

·
Registered
2006 Scion xB, A/T
119 Posts
I really like the idea of the turnbuckle, but the other style reminds me of my old Fords. The turnbuckle is quick and clean. If anyone orders the cheaper generic one, could you post which one you get? I could spend the 30 for the one specified for xB, but don't wanna.

·
Registered
2006 Shadow Micah Scion xB 5 speed
164 Posts
I really like the idea of the turnbuckle, but the other style reminds me of my old Fords. The turnbuckle is quick and clean. If anyone orders the cheaper generic one, could you post which one you get? I could spend the 30 for the one specified for xB, but don't wanna.
I spent $30 on the one specified for the XB. Totally worth it.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
where are you seeing one specified for the xB? Is it just one that covers the measured bolt centers of tensioned belt or is there something model specific? Link to exact one and or pic would be cool.....

·
Registered
164 Posts
where are you seeing one specified for the xB? Is it just one that covers the measured bolt centers of tensioned belt or is there something model specific? Link to exact one and or pic would be cool.....

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
In the mean time.....new belts and myopic adjuster installed today. Most of time spent was up and down from ground 100 times trying different wrench socket breakover bar 6pt or 12pt wratchet wrench box wrench and double wrench for more torque in small weird spaces just to get 3 bolts loose on ps pump and bottom of alternator, lol. Top of alternator and fitting new adjuster was cake. Took my time and enjoyed the process and weather. Rounded off no bolts and belts fit like they should. Snugged it all back up and car loves it. Surpisingly the dayco alt and nondescript ps belts were still in ok shape enough to keep as spares in the trunk....a few pics of results
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Auto part Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Crankset Bicycle tire Bicycle frame
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Rim Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I like that. Already added to watch list. I searched on so many different associated words in that title and didn't see that listed somehow. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
2006 Scion xB, A/T
119 Posts
I'm working on a list of mods I would love to do right now. There's this whole discussion, along with a slew of other things. One I'm looking at is supposedly, we can plug the Wiper Switch from a Prius or Matrix right in, and get a better speed range. I pulled part numbers for a '06 since it's what I drive. Matrix part #84652-02720, and Prius part #8465247040. I don't think I'm crazy for wanting selectable intervals on my wiper, and for $101.99 plus tax at AutoZone, I'm game. Another crazy though I'm working on was seeing someone take a '14 Gen2 Xb, and slap Toyota Sienna bull bars on her's. She said it was a bolt on accessory, so I want to do that with the skid plate. She modded her box to become a Overlander rig, and I really want to do that ultimately.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I'm working on a list of mods I would love to do right now. There's this whole discussion, along with a slew of other things. One I'm looking at is supposedly, we can plug the Wiper Switch from a Prius or Matrix right in, and get a better speed range. I pulled part numbers for a '06 since it's what I drive. Matrix part #84652-02720, and Prius part #8465247040. I don't think I'm crazy for wanting selectable intervals on my wiper, and for $101.99 plus tax at AutoZone, I'm game. Another crazy though I'm working on was seeing someone take a '14 Gen2 Xb, and slap Toyota Sienna bull bars on her's. She said it was a bolt on accessory, so I want to do that with the skid plate. She modded her box to become a Overlander rig, and I really want to do that ultimately.
I did the 04 Matrix adj int wiper switch.....need a 2 speed rr wiper motor for rear wiper intermittent to work.

Here is thread to add more to your list and pic of matrix wiper stalk that is the one in my car now......

Here is one on ebay for $41 shipped....

·
Registered
2006 Scion xB, A/T
119 Posts
I did the 04 Matrix adj int wiper switch.....need a 2 speed rr wiper motor for rear wiper intermittent to work.
Any advice on the motor? I didn't hear anything about having to swap a motor, which chills it a little, but the selectable intermittent for the front is the goal. Also I was looking at those ill switches and modules. I saw some from japan for a couple hundred, but it's low on the wish list at this time. I'd rather get an underseat powered subwoofer first, since getting that stock sub out of the QNC21 Bb is not gonna happen no matter how much I hope and dream.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Any advice on the motor? I didn't hear anything about having to swap a motor, which chills it a little, but the selectable intermittent for the front is the goal. Also I was looking at those ill switches and modules. I saw some from japan for a couple hundred, but it's low on the wish list at this time. I'd rather get an underseat powered subwoofer first, since getting that stock sub out of the QNC21 Bb is not gonna happen no matter how much I hope and dream.
it works fine without doing anything with motors, just no int on rr wiper. The front wipers do everything on the stalk with no changes. The motor change is just if you want to enable int back there. I did not do that or know the specifics to make it work. Just something that was mentioned along the way somewhere.

·
Registered
2006 Scion xB, A/T
119 Posts
Ok, I got you now. The swap would put a spot that would trigger the motor, but not be different that the other on position for the rear wiper without modification. Now it becomes a question of how the trigger signal is done for the motor for the intermettant wiping. If it's solved by a motor swap, then the signal makes it to the motor, but the stock one installed can't interpret it. If it's a simple 2 wire motor for both types, then it's something internal to the motor. However, it's there's more than 2 wires, it's a signal and that could open the possibility of a controller swap on the motor. That's not always the most economical way to handle this. I can see the easiest way being a straight motor swap, and with the room in the trunk lid, probably not a hard thing to accomplish.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hmmmmm.......billet aluminum 4.5-5.5" $42 shipped or stainless 4.5-6.0" $27 shipped?

Letting the suspense simmer.......

Want mine? Can’t use it with the new high output alternator I’m running because I had to run a shorter belt the the tensioner is too long even when fully collapsed. Make you a decent deal.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts