Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Shadow Micah Scion xB 5 speed
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
These are sourced and put together by me. Comparable to the OEM spoiler mounting hardware kits from Toyota that are discontinued. I sourced every piece for this kit and have compared and test fitted them. There are slight variations between the size of the OEM grommet for the lower mount (2mm outer diameter is smaller than OEM), but internal diameter fits perfectly. The well nuts are a bit thicker in the top hat, but that makes up for the lack of the top metal insert in the OEM ones. That have been tested and work perfectly on the first gen OEM spoilers (Test fitted everything on my intact OEM spoiler). Compared all parts to the OEM mounting list that I have to make sure everything is compatible. The hardware will also include the factory installation guide and mounting templates that were supplied when you bought the OEM spoiler from Toyota for the 1st Gen xB. These will only work with OEM spoilers, or aftermarket OEM spoilers with the same mounting points. It took me about a month to source everything and test fit. This kit does require drilling in to your hatch (Two 14mm holes in the top of the hatch for the well nuts, and to 10mm holes for the lower grommet mounts of using an OEM spoiler with lower mounting pegs intact.)

Not included, but suggested is: Body panel retainers for hatch interior panel (Suggested to remove panel to clean out metal shavings from drilling), thin padded foam tape (or you can use double sided tape) for small area next to lower mounting pegs.

Price: $22 shipped priority within the US and insured.

If anyone is local to Redlands, California, you can pick them up in person for $20.

·
Old School xB Builder
1,632 Posts
Sweet. Might be buying a set from you soon

Sent from my pimped out xB

Reactions: low_kei_hexx_boxx

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you low_kei. I received it yesterday.
Much appreciated!
Awesome! Glad it arrived. Remember, the lower grommets utilize a 10mm hole, not a 12mm like with the OEM kit. That’s what I wrote on the templates.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Thinkin spoiler may have to be junkyard oem item......fleabay ones don't appear to mount same as oem. But maybe same hardware can be used since no prexisting holes? Dunno, kinda want oem and paint it..............

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thinkin spoiler may have to be junkyard oem item......fleabay ones don't appear to mount same as oem. But maybe same hardware can be used since no prexisting holes? Dunno, kinda want oem and paint it..............
OEM is what this kit is based off of. Best bet is finding an intact OEM one from the junkyard like I did. As for aftermarket, only the well nuts and bolts are used if the aftermarket has the top mounts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts