Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I went to change the water pump on a 2006 xb and I had to take the alternator off in order to get it off. I stupidly forgot to disconnect the battery and when I was taking the alternator off I grounded it. After that I disconnected the battery and finished the job. When I went to start it again. It ran fine but now the gauges, brake lights, wipers, radio, and rear view mirror adjuster doesn't work. From what I can tell all fuses are fine. Please help I'm stuck!!!

·
resident old fart
2,075 Posts
Your problems may not be aa dire as they seem. Somewhere on your car is a fusible link that is designed to fry before damage is done to the wiring harness. It's usually located near the battery. I'd suspect it's on the part of the positive cable that is a small insulated "box" area that is at the side of the battery.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How can you check that box?

---------- Post added 07-20-2013 at 10:39 AM ----------

Ahhhh found it. It was the alt fuse in that box. Thank you!

---------- Post added 07-20-2013 at 10:53 AM ----------

Now where would I get this? Haha because I've never had to replace one like this

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for your help. Wish the people on the integra forum I'm on was somewhat intelligent like this forum. If I had a question like this, people would say its something WAY more than what the problem is

·
Registered
8 Posts
How can you check that box?

---------- Post added 07-20-2013 at 10:39 AM ----------

Ahhhh found it. It was the alt fuse in that box. Thank you!

---------- Post added 07-20-2013 at 10:53 AM ----------

Now where would I get this? Haha because I've never had to replace one like this
Where is this fuse at I have the same problem

1 - 18 of 18 Posts