Scion xB Forum banner
3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Templarjj75 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. I have a 2012 and was wondering is there any gauge face replacements out there for customization/ color change? Are we stuck with the red/orange lighting?

#2 ·
It depends on what you want to do. The color of the dash lights can be changed by swapping out the LEDs that are our lights. Gen 2 has a LED mod, plug that into your search engine of choice, and you should easily find them. I kept hitting gen2 swap mods on the LEDs instead of the Gen1 I needed. I'm not that familiar with your generation car, since I'm in a '06, but figured I'd throw that out, and talk about how it seems to be on gen1 cars. The gauge face is swappable, just have to disassemble a cluster, removing the len, and the LEDs in the cluster can be done as well. The waterfall has 2 tiny LEDs that shine at a plastic diffuser that lights up the waterfall from 2 LEDs. This isn't a this is what you buy post, but a this is how easy it is in a Gen1, I'd hope it's similar in a Gen2.

#4 ·
Color change is a two step process. You need a new gauge face that does not have orange markings on it and you will need to change the LED on the instrument cluster circuit board. They are surface mount PLCC-2 LEDs. You need 2 for each of the gauges and then 9 for the digital display portions. At least on the 08-10 models, it might be slightly different on the total count for the 11-15 models. If you are decent with a low wattage soldering iron replacing the LEDs isn't too difficult. I've changed mine a couple times.

As for gauge faces there are a couple guys in the FB groups that do replacement gauge faces, you'll have to search and find them.

Here the latest one I did in mine. White gauge faces with copper numbers and markings with warm white LEDs

Motor vehicle Gauge Watch Measuring instrument Gas

#5 ·
Color change is a two step process. You need a new gauge face that does not have orange markings on it and you will need to change the LED on the instrument cluster circuit board. They are surface mount PLCC-2 LEDs. You need 2 for each of the gauges and then 9 for the digital display portions. At least on the 08-10 models, it might be slightly different on the total count for the 11-15 models. If you are decent with a low wattage soldering iron replacing the LEDs isn't too difficult. I've changed mine a couple times.

As for gauge faces there are a couple guys in the FB groups that do replacement gauge faces, you'll have to search and find them.

Here the latest one I did in mine. White gauge faces with copper numbers and markings with warm white LEDs

View attachment 80048
Who did your gauge faces?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.