Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gasoline in the back of my xb

3K views 31 replies 10 participants last post by  black_xb 
#1 ·
So my crazy driving ended up with spilled gasoline in the back of the car!!!!! oops!! Anyone know how to get rid of it?? I tried spraying whievinegar on it... ya it now smells like vinegar and gas! So any suggestions will help!

#5 ·
admin said:
i think gasoline is suppose to evaporate maybe try opening the trunk and rear windows. I dont know if it still does the same when it soaks in carpet..
Yeah, I would think it would evaporate.

Open the hatch and put a fan up front to blow it out the back w/ maybe the driver side window open. Or maybe sprinkle some of the carpet scent reoval stuff then vaccumn it out.

#9 ·
Yes! thats it... he will never know!!! besides... he does full vw restoratins.. and usually smells like auto stripper, or oil... or just old car! What smell???:rolleyes:

#13 ·
ahhhh so you know exactly how it is... I dont wanna have to come allllll the way across the country to git ya! :D thanks for the tips guys!! I think since it pretty warm today(45) ill just leave the doors open with the fan on...

#16 ·
yesssssss we just bought a house in NH where I'm from, but still have one in TX.. where the :mad: INLAWS are. so we go about every other month. not so bad... actually were going next week :)

#20 ·
light a match. it will get rid of the smell. granted youll have a whole new laundry list of problems with an xB on fire, but your car wont smell like gas at least! :rofl:

seriously, i would do the fan idea, then Febreeze the hell outta the car. it should take care of it no problem. another idea would be to put an open container of baking soda in there. baking soda absorbs smells so its logical that it could take some of it away also.

scotty

#22 ·
ScionScotty said:
light a match. it will get rid of the smell. granted youll have a whole new laundry list of problems with an xB on fire, but your car wont smell like gas at least! :rofl:

seriously, i would do the fan idea, then Febreeze the hell outta the car. it should take care of it no problem. another idea would be to put an open container of baking soda in there. baking soda absorbs smells so its logical that it could take some of it away also.

scotty
there ya go that will solve all your problem.. your box will be on fire how wrong does that sound...

#23 ·
scotty, soooo I tried the match thing annnnnnnd ya you owe me a new car! Just kidding. The smell did "evaporate" and then I just put some dryer sheets under the seats to absorb the rest. the hubby will never know! Muahhaaahhaaa!!!:cool:

#24 ·
black_xb said:
scotty, soooo I tried the match thing annnnnnnd ya you owe me a new car! Just kidding. The smell did "evaporate" and then I just put some dryer sheets under the seats to absorb the rest. the hubby will never know! Muahhaaahhaaa!!!:cool:
Thats just so wrong on every level, keeping secrets from your husband.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.