Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
It's around 2.40 here for top tier (the stuff our cars want. It supposedly gives the best mpg as well) and can be as low as 2.37 for the 'cheep' stuff. While planning my trip to Cali, I knew prices would be more out there, and I hope the money I save up helps me get it all figured out.....I might get a large gascan and fill it up where-ever it's cheapest before Cali for "driving gas" while in town.

·
3,453 Posts
Unheard of for you. Around here, that's expensive. As a matter of fact, everything is getting more expensive, the raises are getting smaller, and we're not getting compensated for any of it. Houses in the neighborhood I used to live in where 250k a few years ago. Now the same house goes for 450k at the least, with the same people, same careers, same everything....Something's fishy in the midwest....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah house prices are nuts in my area too. My house jumped in value this year by $25k. Stinks. I haven't put any improvements in the house other than paint the last two years. :(

·
Pensacola Scikotics
287 Posts
Guess I'll stop complaining about paying the prices here. I just paid $2.34/gal on Sunday and was all kinda pissed! LOL!

Same thing in the South Boom.....we moved into our new home just two years ago and properties have already gone up between $45 and $60K in that short time....funny thing is we are all still making the same money we were then?! :confused:

·
Project Cop Box
540 Posts
it's $2.49/gal at the Exxon just a mile from my house...i've seen as high as $2.55/gal today.

·
3,453 Posts
Same thing in the South Boom.....we moved into our new home just two years ago and properties have already gone up between $45 and $60K in that short time....funny thing is we are all still making the same money we were then?! :confused:
That's what I'm saying. It's nice that property value is going up, believe me, we all love living in the good areas, but it's become a bit too uncontrolled.

·
Registered
679 Posts
i finally started taking advantage of being a Costco member and filling up there. $3.03/gal for 87 and its $3.23 for 91... thats a good $ 0.20-0.30 cheaper than other stations

·
Registered
247 Posts
California, It's where almost everyone wants to live. Over 1 in 7 people in this country now live in cali, so...they (gas co.s) know it and nail us to a cross with the damn highest gas prices in the country. I'm see'in $3.09 to $3.29 for regular and $3.29 to $3.59 for super. I'm lovin that my box is getting great mileage and I can't believe that the roads are still packed with suburbons and F-350's with the prices what they are.

·
3,453 Posts
It's a patriotic thing at that point. Most of the people around here that drive the American "built"(giggle) cars are all about keeping the money in the US. Also, they were dumb enough to buy the cars, so they have to keep fillin' em up. Har har!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well, it's supply and demand. I was hoping when gas got this expensive people would wake up and start offing the "guzzlers" but nooooooooooooo.....they're whining about the prices...but they keep filling up.

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
WOW -- Well I won't complaint about $2.79 a gallon -- $ 3.87 that's nuts!!

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
Gotta Love Cali - 3.08-3.20 a gallon for Regular here in the Huntington Beach / Fountain Valley Area. Oh Well we all love are cars to much and the Gas companies know it, untill we stop driving (which we won't) the gas prices will still Rise....................

·
Registered
247 Posts
I know we will not stop driving but i there are 2 things that should happen which would greatly reduce demand, therefore supplies wouldn't be so tight and prices would ease. 1. We should develop much better transit systems and 2. People should realize that gas is a precious commodity and either "off" the guzzlers for much more efficient cars or at least get and use much more efficient cars most of the time. But....

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I paid 2.28 a gallon yesterday. Not bad when filling up the Box, sucks when I'm filling up the Blazer though.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.