Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
260 miles on the first full tank.. is that okay? and i baby the car.. i don't mash er anything.. pretty much drive it a lil slower then i should.. should i take it back to the dealer?

·
Registered
368 Posts
You failed to mention how many gallons you put in, but it sounds about normal for a new car. you also didn't mention how many miles you got on the odo. Fuel mileage gets better as it is broken in, you get to start using summer blend gas and the car learns how you drive ( yes it really learns, they are smart, for a car)

let's see I just put in 8.1 gallons for 285 miles, winter blend 87, no hiway miles just around town.I have a little over 40k on the odo and an 80lb speaker box and somewhere near an average of 400lbs of people cargo.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Frogbox said:
You failed to mention how many gallons you put in, but it sounds about normal for a new car. you also didn't mention how many miles you got on the odo. Fuel mileage gets better as it is broken in, you get to start using summer blend gas and the car learns how you drive ( yes it really learns, they are smart, for a car)

let's see I just put in 8.1 gallons for 285 miles, winter blend 87, no hiway miles just around town.I have a little over 40k on the odo and an 80lb speaker box and somewhere near an average of 400lbs of people cargo.
lol.. i didn't put any gas.. i said FULL TANK :) .. when i got the car it was @ 1.. now its @ 260 lol..

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I somehow got 21mpg last fill up.:eek:

·
Registered
827 Posts
xfLipm0d3x said:
260 miles on the first full tank.. is that okay? and i baby the car.. i don't mash er anything.. pretty much drive it a lil slower then i should.. should i take it back to the dealer?
Man, I get over 320. I would get that looked at. I have never gotten under 300.

·
Registered
339 Posts
miles per tank mean nothing. please, measure the gallons used to know what mpg you're getting. the reason I say mptank mean nothing is that from one car to another the fuel gage can read empty at a very different point. IE: my wife's xB gets about 10.1 gallons put in when it says empty and mine take about only 8. That's a pretty big difference in real MPG.

Note on human nature: even knowing this, I can't let my car get to 'E', I'm just scared even though once it's on 'E' I should get another 60 miles out of it easy :D

·
Registered
827 Posts
I measure my mileage every tank, it seems to go up every time. Yesterday I filled up and the magic # was 34.5 :eek: I love this car....

·
Registered
78 Posts
i got mine with 890 miles and now its at 2250 and every tank has ranged from 24-27 mpg, do you think mine will go up or is 2250 miles enough to be broken in?

·
Registered
78 Posts
i drove 2 whole tanks nothing but interstate driving both were around 27 but one was very windy day, but most of the time i drive about 75-77 with cruise set. maybe the xb's almost vertical windshield mixed with the overwhelming bug population....... the bugs are making my 1,500 hampsters work harder?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.