Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after i got home from work, i pulled in my driveway and b4 i shut the car off it idle roughly below the 1000 rpm. the needle almost dropped to 500 rpm's. it sounded like it was chocking and about to shut off. i gave it some gas and it went away. the car only has about 2500 miles in it. i have a fujita sri. i had a stalling problem when i had washed the car. the engine would turn off by itself. i was told if it kept happening- take it to the dealership but i want to avoid that since i dont want them to see my sri. anyone know y the car idles rough like that? has anyone experienced the same problem?

·
Registered
140 Posts
sometimes my xb does the same thing if i turn on the ac or the radiator fans kick in. However, if it gets bad, youll be better off if you go through the trouble of taking off the sri now and getting it fixed under warranty then waiting and having a problem later.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
This is a normal thing with the xB. Stock or modified, the inz-fe has a low, and rough idle, don't worry unless it does shut off.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i first checked my sri filter and it was clean. i did notice it idles like that when the fan goes on. it does not shut off completely but it does come very close to shuting off. but if its normal for it to that(sometimes) then i wont worry about it unless it keeps happening. it has not happened since i posted this thread. so thanks to everyone for the advice!

·
Registered
611 Posts
This is a normal thing with the xB. Stock or modified, the inz-fe has a low, and rough idle, don't worry unless it does shut off.

yes, especially if it's fairly new. your ecu is adjusting to your driving habits and the car driving....believe it or not.

·
Registered
12 Posts
mine *when warmed up* will idle around 500-600rpms, i'm sitting at just below 3k miles. no mods yet but i think my ECU is starting to pick up on my useage of 2nd gear... =P

i love 2nd, 3rd and 4th, them dah fun ones in my eyes haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.