Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been noticing on the classified sections, and other websites that people are getting rid of their parts pretty quick, and distributors are slashing prices on kits and other parts which were virtually a fortune before. Is there something going on that the East should know about. Any new line up in parts? Someone let us know.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
na nothing special goin on. we all just change our minds about what we want on the car way to often. it's mostly the socal guys. i mean the norcal scene is big but man the socal scion groups are huge.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That answers it. In miami they add new mods like once a year. So one year some guys get wheels, then they get a ssystem the next year, yada yada yada. . .

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
you gotta remember, Cali is the bandwagon capitol of the world. Cars are redone every 9 months. No one can keep to one theme. Their mind are going a mile a minute...lol cracks me up

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
hey now! with all the parts that i have on i'm very offended by your words jim!!!!!! (lol not really but not all of us out here bandwagon)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
hey hey jim watch it now lol. naw in socal people just keep changing their minds and like jim said its a bandwagon. now everyones on the "jdm" if u call it that theme here in cali. to me its not even real jdm. my car is done! finally its beomce quite the money pit lol but yeah the first trend was who can slap the biggest wheels, then came the everyone rocked the fab kit (i was part of that lol) then it went to who's wheels got more lip (work and other name brand wheels) then everyone started using 15's and now its the jdm thing.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Actually, I think it's just that most of SoCal seems to have A.D.D. :D

“My Doctor says I have A.D.D… He just doesn’t understand. It’s not like… Hey! Look at that chicken!” (From a friend's .sig.)

Tom

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
A guy here in detroit is on his third reicarnation of his xa.....red rs 1 when he bought it. Put on a kit he modded, air ride and yr one is over. Thenit was new body kit, spoiler, hood, two tone paint (black & lime green). One season of that and everything sold off. Now he is going to sport coilovers, 06 stock bumpers and lip, and go for the fastest xa in the country that will be some form of white body color.

Then next winter another transformation......that is a secret though.

Also the socal guys can make changes because parts are more available and cheaper than the midwest.

·
Registered
612 Posts
you gotta remember, Cali is the bandwagon capitol of the world. Cars are redone every 9 months. No one can keep to one theme. Their mind are going a mile a minute...lol cracks me up
Hey, the bandwagon has to start where the trends are born, right? :D

Really though, it's gotta be the weather. We only have two seasons: warm and hot :cool: Whatever trends we go through in 1 year, it takes the rest the country 2 years....lol

·
Registered
368 Posts
And now that the xb is no longer being made, the companies have the stock they need to off load for what they can before the eat em.

Don't see any of they old body kits,spoilers,intakes and such fitting on the next generation.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Sorry to break it you, but its not just west coast. Im on god knows which version of my car. I think this is my 6th set of wheels or so. Most I had a couple days, and traded off. 2nd stereo. 3rd body kit. 3rd version of taillights. 3rd suspension. Im sure Miami people do it big and change it up, you just dont see it. Most of the super nice show cars that change every 6 months are trailor queens. I hate to tell you, but you dont know how damn good you got it dude. Doing things on my own, learning my own mods and fudge ups. The closest thing I would have to a mod day would be 5-6 hours away in Ames or KC probably. Dont play Miami off as bad, because I 100000% guarantee you have a better modding base there then where Im at.

Scotty

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Just speaking for myself here, I like to be as unique as I can and with the buttload of xB's here in So Cali it's hard to stay singular. I've even had my paint scheme duplicated. We do have great weather most of the year so we can mod when the colder states can't.

I agree that many of the body kit companies may be trying to unload some stock fearing that the demand will drop with the 2008 model coming out. Can't blame them for that but I believe that there will still be a need for these products for years to come. There have been more than a few new members here on Club xB in the past few weeks who have purchased used Box's and are ready to start modding them.

I'd like to continue but I have to go outside and do a new mod on my Box right now....:D

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry to break it you, but its not just west coast. Im on god knows which version of my car. I think this is my 6th set of wheels or so. Most I had a couple days, and traded off. 2nd stereo. 3rd body kit. 3rd version of taillights. 3rd suspension. Im sure Miami people do it big and change it up, you just dont see it. Most of the super nice show cars that change every 6 months are trailor queens. I hate to tell you, but you dont know how damn good you got it dude. Doing things on my own, learning my own mods and fudge ups. The closest thing I would have to a mod day would be 5-6 hours away in Ames or KC probably. Dont play Miami off as bad, because I 100000% guarantee you have a better modding base there then where Im at.

Scotty

There are trailer queens, I can count them on two hands. Yes you have Style bB, but they are in North Florida. Im at the bottom of the map. I dont have it good BTW. Good is not having to Mail Order, good is having shops that can actually perform quality work without having to go back and get the job re-done, TWICE. And thats anywhere in South Florida. Dont get me wrong, there are quality shops. But I guarentee that anyone living in an area like Cali for example, can not come to South Florida and expect to get the same quality parts or service with out going through a semmingly never ending search. I have 80k miles on my 2004 xb. I go to hang outs from Florida City, all the way to Hollywood. People in Miami arent up to the whole mod thig yet. When they filmed 2 Fast 2 Furious here in Miami, no one was into Modding imports too much. Then all of a sudden we got shopping carts going around the neighborhood.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I could make a documentary with all the ridiculous stuff Ive seen here. And I blame it on the filming of the movie. You can notice in some of the scenes the lack of taste in the extras car's. Its your typical ***** look, but more severe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.