Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Marc
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, totally new here! My name is Marc, and a little background info:
I have wanted a Scion XB ever since I sat in one in 2004 at the Annual Auto Show, at The Javits Center in NYC. Finally, in November of 2013, My dream car has been purchased.

2005 Polar White, 5 speed, bought @ 102k miles ,
Second owner (first owner bought it new)

Day I bought the car:

Interior is in PERFECT condition, Exterior was decent... Missing rear side markers, some minor chips and scratches all over, and hood latch is taped on. I instantly started ordering stuff online, mostly ebay.

Started with some blacked out corners (the 93-97 Altima Side Markers) and rewired them with T10 bulb sockets, so i could fit in some LED bulbs!

I than bought some ColorMatch Spraypaint (Polar/Arctic White from autozone) and sprayed some of the chips and alot of the rear bumper. Not perfect, but makes them FAR less noticeable. After a bidding war on Ebay, I won an OEM Bumper Cover, and it makes my rear look 100x better! Really cleaned it up

I purchased some LEDGLOW 7-color Interior 4 piece kit, and wired it directly to the ACC fuse in the interior fuse box (also upgraded fuse from 15 to 20 for safety)
These lights bring my interior TO LIFE, and the added visibility really does make a difference. Also added a LED Dome light (size DE3175) and completed my interior lighting!

Which brings me to today! My car has seen its first day of snow!

I also have some Konig Heliums 15x6.5, in gold, just waiting for some warmer weather to paint them! Will keep this updated as more stuff happens :D
Lets hope Santa treats me well for Christmas!

·
Box Abuser
327 Posts
Looking great man! Just one gripe, I winced when I read you switched the fuse; the higher the rating, the more current in takes to blow, therefore the more likely that a wire could catch fire or something else could burn out before the fuse pops. The 15 amp fuse is more than enough for an average LED lighting system, and if you need to pull more later you should probably be doing so straight from the battery.

No harsh on you, I've seen it plenty of times and I was guilty of it with my first build; we all learn somehow, don't want yours to be the hard way!

·
Marc
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking great man! Just one gripe, I winced when I read you switched the fuse; the higher the rating, the more current in takes to blow, therefore the more likely that a wire could catch fire or something else could burn out before the fuse pops. The 15 amp fuse is more than enough for an average LED lighting system, and if you need to pull more later you should probably be doing so straight from the battery.

No harsh on you, I've seen it plenty of times and I was guilty of it with my first build; we all learn somehow, don't want yours to be the hard way!
Thanks a lot for the input! I did safely use the "Add-A-Circuit" fuse tap and all the wiring seems fine... I did however blow 2 15 fuses, but since I switched up to 20 it's been fine... I always though fuses said "use at least the required number" meaning I could use 15 or higher? I'll take your word, and try a 15 in it. But if it blows I'm going back to 20 :( thanks for the help!:eek:

·
Marc
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update time!
Replaced the bulbs in my altima side markers, with LED to match the Licence Plate

Took apart my interior, and painted all to match outside, for now ;)
(This was super easy to do, and got a true understanding how how everything is put together in there!)

The Painting Process...

Don't have any pics of the finished product, but it looks amazing! Already got tons of compliments from friends and family.

---------- Post added 12-27-2013 at 11:10 PM ----------

Santa delivered some awesome gifts! Some Silverstar Ultra headlight bulbs, Scion Seatbelt Covers, and a Purple Dash Kit from CustomXB.com! Also got 2 cans of Plasti Dip, not sure what im going to do with them yet, since its 29 degrees and no signs of warming up =[

Anyone wondering about the Silverstar Ultras, they aren't HID bright, and when I initially put them on, I wasn't impressed with the difference at all! BUT, after driving with them in, I do notice a huge increase in visibility, and makes them look way cleaner. Like a pure white, opposed to the orange kinda light from halogens. Here are shots with stock vs Ultras

Next... I used some christmas money, and bought a grill set, and something secret i plan on turning into a shift knob! ;)

·
Marc
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Major Update! :D:D:D:D:D

Interior is complete, and purple dash kit looks sick!

Good shot of the Scion Seatbelt Covers Santa got me ;)

And just a few hours ago, two packages arrived!
First, A Keyless Entry Remote I won on ebay, plan on using a DIY to program it to the box! (ClubXB makin it easy!)

And now, the big one!

Packed Perfectly

Grille set will be painted soon, but with a blizzard starting tonight, installing will have to wait until the snow is gone :(

More on the way!

·
Eminent Society Founder!
1,292 Posts
Polar whites rule! Lol good start man heading in the right direction! And welcome to cxb!!

·
Marc
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Polar whites rule! Lol good start man heading in the right direction! And welcome to cxb!!
Thanks alot! I read through your build thread, amazing work! Really innovative, and imma steal that speedo-tint idea from you ;)

I'm digging that interior. Nicely done!
Thanks man, winter forces interior mods lol.
btw saw your pic, ill leave this here...

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Dang you didn't see the Sienna rear bumper cover! It's made of ABS plastic, read: indestructible!

·
Marc
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dang you didn't see the Sienna rear bumper cover! It's made of ABS plastic, read: indestructible!
Ive seen it on a few boxes, I actually prefer the OEM dotted one. IDK, maybe its just my style, but once the car gets re-painted, a sienna bumper cover would probably be bought lol.
BTW - Sick car! :cool:

·
Abstract Ninja
1,463 Posts
Thanks man, winter forces interior mods lol.
This is the damn truth lol winter mods are almost always just interior ones! Hope you're doing alright in NY; you guys got just as much and more snow than we did in jersey...

I have the sienna one and I'm a fan. there's also the toyota highlander one that some members run if you're interested

·
Marc
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is the damn truth lol winter mods are almost always just interior ones! Hope you're doing alright in NY; you guys got just as much and more snow than we did in jersey...
Where in jersey are you at!? I want to go to a meet out there sometime... and yea I'm good, the box is snowed in =[ looks like a big, square, polar white igloo lol.:eek:

on a side note, Painted the grille set!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Just a heads up - I had fig grills too that I painted and later I dipped them. You might want to keep a sharpie with you to touch up any rock chips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Marc
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just a heads up - I had fig grills too that I painted and later I dipped them. You might want to keep a sharpie with you to touch up any rock chips.
Hah, that is a genius idea! Thanks so much dude!
same grille, also painted. What are the odds :rolleyes:
How did you like it?

·
Marc
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
looks awesome man cant wait to see whats next
Thanks Russ, enjoyed reading you build thread! Really awesome, i want to eventually paint mine like your two tone, but PW over aqua...
That is years down the line. Might plastidip, when weather permits lol:rolleyes:

Glad some reputable members are taking notice of me :D
I Read all build threads, so hopefully mine will be up-to-par with everyone elses!

·
Abstract Ninja
1,463 Posts
Where in jersey are you at!? I want to go to a meet out there sometime... and yea I'm good, the box is snowed in =[ looks like a big, square, polar white igloo lol.:eek:

on a side note, Painted the grille set!
I'm in central jersey, new brunswick area. There are a lot of box members in and around this area.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts