Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple questions about the Fujita SRI and wanted to see if you guys with them can give me some answers? Is the Fujita SRI filter a dry filter? How often should you clean the filter? What is the process of cleaning the filter? How difficult is it to remove the filter to clean?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
The Fujita intakles do not use a dry filter. As far as I know AEM is the only aftermarket company using dry filters right now. Cleaning is done just like with a K&N. I have had the wife's installed for a year and I just gave it a good inspection the other day. It was actually pretty dang clean. I was very surprised.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Either uninstall the entire intake, or drop the front bumper. I would imagine it would be pretty difficult to pull it back up through the engine bay. You might have an easier time accessing it from underneath. I haven't really given it a good look.

·
Registered
112 Posts
it's a pain in the a$$. you can take it out through the bottom of the bumper but it is hard to get it back up that way. you will have to take the battery out to get it in and out from the top. but it is a great intake mine has been on for 6 months and is still clean.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
As others have stated, the Fujita filter is cleaned just like the K&N. I just remove my front bumper cover to remove the filter. I've done it enough times that it takes me less than 10 minutes to take it off including unplugging the foglights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.