Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I'll have pics posted as soon as it stops raining long enuff to install it.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
ThunderGod said:
no garage brad?
you prolly have project cars in da garage like me :D
I have a garage, but its full of my junk!

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Hey Jason,

Here are a few pics of the parts:

Large coupler and t-bolt clamps for joining the intake tubes together:

Rubber shock mount, MAF bolts, and crank case vent tube:

Small coupler for joining the intake to the throttle body:

First part of intake that mounts to throttle body:

Second part of intake that mounts to first half, and where the air filter mounts:

And the filter which is the same as on the SRI:

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
ThunderGod said:
ahhhhhhh........its....sooo.....shinny...... *mesmerized*
there is no rain in Nor Cal =)
Its overcast, and I just got home from uncle sam duties.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it looks alot like the injen system, just like the short ram. Brad do you know the big differences between them. I am mainly looking for something that is C.A.R.B. certified so when I make my trip to the local referee I can be full legal. Also what kind of price on these peices?

Thanks

Jason

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
piston said:
it looks alot like the injen system, just like the short ram. Brad do you know the big differences between them. I am mainly looking for something that is C.A.R.B. certified so when I make my trip to the local referee I can be full legal. Also what kind of price on these peices?

Thanks

Jason
There are some similarities, but there are some major improvements as I see it.

The bends appear to be be smoother on the SRI, and on the INJEN.

I had to clean out the inside of the intake INJEN SRI because of the residue from the polishing compound. The F5 comes clean ready to install.

The INJEN re-uses the OEM MAF screws that I know alot of people have had to replace. THE F5 comes w/ allen head screws.

INJEN uses the standard hose style clamps, F5 uses t-bolt clamps that are much more secure and have a very, ,very, very slim chance of loosening.

And I'm not sure about the INJEN CAI, but the crankcase vent tube was in front of the MAF on the INJEN SRI, where as on the F5 SRI and CAI, the vent tube is BEHIND the MAF.

Now whether that contributed to oiled MAFs early on, I do not know, but F5 has eliminated any chance of that happening.

Only those who have run both companies will know the differences between the two as they are not that obvious.

As far as which produces more hp, I don't know.

But I do know one thing, I had cleaned the filter on my INJEN SRI a month before the installation of the F5 SRI, but the F5 SRI appears to pull harder according to my butt dyno. And I had driven on my other SRI for over 2 years.

So, I can only tell you how much better I like the F5 SRI over the INJEN SRI, but I won't be able to give a comparison of the two CAIs.

For me and my hard earned money, its F5 Fujita Competition Air Intake Systems.

·
Registered
54 Posts
yea what brad said i wish i waited for the cold air but couldnt wait but go with the F5 cold air

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
squirrel said:
THE F5 comes w/ allen head screws.

F5 uses t-bolt clamps that are much more secure.

F5 SRI and CAI, the vent tube is BEHIND the MAF.

Now whether that contributed to oiled MAFs early on, I do not know, but F5 has eliminated any chance of that happening.

the F5 SRI appears to pull harder according to my butt dyno.
now, i like that! =)

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
I have the Fujita CAI and it was installed by Fujita...they took pictures to make thier install paperwork......pics are in my orginal thread..

Search Fujita CAI and you will find the installed pics.

So far it runs great and no issue.....BTW the 06-on will not be carb legal due to TOYOTA's wonderful carbon filter...............

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Jason, what about stacking two Odessy 1200s instead?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.