Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey xBclubbers,
I just gifted my 2013 Scion xB Series 10 to my daughter for graduation.
When the car is first started it stalls out while sharing the engine really hard?
It was doing this from time to time for a few months but never when the car was first started. Now mind you it did sit for just under 2 months while she was gone on vacation.
The battery had died on it too. We replaced that and she fired right up but she would also turn over when being jumped.
But now that she has the new battery in it, it's been suffocating for lack of a better word.
I have a K&N air filter that is clean as a whistle Soo I know it's not that.
No maintenance lights come up on the dash either.
Help!!!!!

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,492 Posts
Has it been driving for more than a couple miles since replacing the battery? If not then it just needs to be driven for a bit. The ECU resets back to factory when the battery is disconnected and has to relearn the particular car it is in once powered up again. Usually take about 20 miles of driving and it should be fine. Otherwise I don't know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has it been driving for more than a couple miles since replacing the battery? If not then it just needs to be driven for a bit. The ECU resets back to factory when the battery is disconnected and has to relearn the particular car it is in once powered up again. Usually take about 20 miles of driving and it should be fine. Otherwise I don't know.
Okay. Thank you Greg I appreciate the quick response. I’ve been doing some research since posting and I am led to believe that it is the fuel filter. The car is well over 100K.
I purchased her in 2016 as a certified pre-owned with only ONE previous owner. I’m the 2nd owner. It was a lease prior to being traded in & put on the floor for re-sale.
She was at 56K at the time of purchase as well.
She is out of warranty now as it expired at 100K/7 years-whichever came first.
The dealership said the fuel filters in newer vehicles can go to 100k before changing but this I just found out the other day. So she’s well over the 100k. That’s what leads me to believe it’s the fuel filter. And I live in the High Desert of SoCal. It’s 65% dirt roads on top of the wind storms we have.
She can also possibly need new spark plugs.
Ugh. So much to figure out but one positive to that is for little to no out of pocket cash if I’m doing it myself. But lord knows I’ve never done something like this.
I’ve only learned how to jump start, change the oil & filter, brake pads and tires. Nothing to do with the fuel intake/lines/pumps or filters lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts