Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I about to embark on a road trip from Ft Walton Beach (near Pensacola) to San Antonio Texas. Knowing the xB's fuel tank, can anyone suggest stop points along the way on I-10? Good fuel prices and food would be helpful as well.

·
Registered
168 Posts
cheapest gas in the Mobile area is usually exit 15B I-10 (theodore exit). Very first gas station on the right as you come off the interstate. From there you should make it most the way to the Atchafalaya swamp before needing fuel again and then stop at the Tiger Fuel Station (the one with the tigers in cages outside, Google it, forgot precise exit number)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll be sure to stop at 15B in Mobile. I've been on that exit before. I looked up the Tiger Fuel Station. Sounds like a good plan to me. I'm looking forward to the trip actually. A nice 12 hour ride in the Box. I'll be able to see how well it does on a tank of gas and how the comfort level holds up. I plan to set the cruise control and settle in with some good tunes.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Don't speed anywhere near Mobile on I-10. The AST are really bad and target anything that sticks out. Watch out for MHP once you hit Mississippi as they target cars with dark windows - they started a new tint law in July ($1000 first offense, no dismissals - you get ticketed, you will pay. out of state plates do not matter). Luckily the trip through MS is only an hour.

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
Make sure u do the speed limit once u pass the Harrison county line city cops love to shoot radar they use instant on radar so dont rely on a radar detector :eek: Gulfport cops just got a new interceptor Dodge Charger(white in color) with radar usually sits on the side of the interstate past the first Gulfport exit . :D Flyin J has gas at 2.07 right now thats on the Canel Rd exit.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You folks are coming through for me! Keep the tips coming in. Maybe we should have a road trip tip sticky somewhere. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.