Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, from doing my research, the only write ups i've seen on sway bars are for the rear.......my question is do the scions (especially being a FWD car) benefit any from a thicker, solid reinforced front sway bar....I've seen that cusco and i believe hotchis offer them, however of the two brands, i would go with cusco....but would our cars benefit any from it? i've also read that it messes with our torque steer...myth? any help would be greatly apprecieated (and squirell, i'm lookin your way on this one ;) )

-Thanks

·
Registered
322 Posts
suspended said:
OK, from doing my research, the only write ups i've seen on sway bars are for the rear.......my question is do the scions (especially being a FWD car) benefit any from a thicker, solid reinforced front sway bar....I've seen that cusco and i believe hotchis offer them, however of the two brands, i would go with cusco....but would our cars benefit any from it? i've also read that it messes with our torque steer...myth? any help would be greatly apprecieated (and squirell, i'm lookin your way on this one ;) )

-Thanks
I've been researching what suspension to get and if you search over on SL (under coilovers I think) there was a long thread explaining what purpose they serve and if we need them at all. Mostly had to do w/over and understeer.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but iirc the front and rear sway affect the body roll of your vehicle in consistant turns. it's the tire/shock/spring/coilovers that do the immediate reaction to quick flicks and sharp turns.

From what I've come to understand, the front anti-sway bar will increase the ridgedness of the front, thus allowing a more stable turn. Without it, the body would be more prone to roll to the outside of the turn following the initial line of travel and increase understeer in a constant radius turn.

Understeer = difficulty turning the nose into a turn
Neutral Steering = Neutral Steering
Oversteer = nose turns in, causing the rear to slide out (think amature drifters who ends up spinning into a turn and promtly stalling out.)

·
Registered
120 Posts
From all the posts I have seen on both of the BIG sites....stay away from the front sway bar! We already have a understeer problem and a front bar will only make it worse. Grab a good rear bar and stay with that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.