Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D Greetings!

How does the front strut tie bar work? and what is it supposed to actually do?

:confused: Specifically, does it work in tension, compression or (stretch your imagination) torsion?

A number of designs available seem to indicate tension, but they might be just for looks rather than results.;)

Just bought a new one on enthusiasm of wife, who originally wanted an Element.:D
Flier

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Front strut tie bar _ a sham?

From the designs available, it's hard to determine how it is supposed to make driving (turning?) better. A few would not work well in compression or torsion, others would. :confused:

Why would somebody, anybody, put something under the hood that they don't know how/why it works? :rolleyes:

Maybe it's just decoration, like fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror...:cool:

Nobody's saying. I sure don't know.:eek:

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Yes smoke20 there will be people saying that it makes a difference...I am one of them. After I installed my strut bar I noticed that the Box feels more stable turning into driveways, especially if they are uphill. I can't say for sure that it's not a placebo effect but I feel less body roll when turning at speed. Freeway on-ramps feel more secure now than before.

I am not an engineer or a professional auto mechanic so I can't give you the in depth reason that it works. I can however tell you that I installed it for the appearance factor and found that the performance was an added bonus.

Just my .02

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.