Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok... so im in the process of making a front strut bar in my metals class

i am wondering how you go about installing a strut bar on the xb

there seems to be little room there... me and my friend went about taking out all of the plastic and the windshield wipers only too find that there is still alot of metal there anywayz and it would be a PITA too take all of that stuff out aswell

so if someone could please tell me how one would go about installing one it should help me alot in the building of one

or if you know of a tut on like SL or somthing that i missed.... you could just post a link to that too i guess

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
It's not as hard as you might think. Loosen all the strut mounting nuts and when you can't turn the back ones any further jack up the front end just enough to let you push down on the front wheel. Push down until the bolt for the strut begins to go down and remove the nut. Place the strut bar mount on the strut tower and reverse the process. You will find that using an open end wrench on the back nuts will be easier than trying to get a socket on there.

When you're done it should look something like this:

I hope that helps. If it's not clear enough let me know and I'll answer more specific questions. My installation took a total of about an hour including adjusting the bar. Good luck and happy modding.

Try this DIY: http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29717

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.