Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front passenger seat belt on my xB, think it has been this way since new, finds the Seat Belt Tongue facing the wrong way towards the body of the car.

The occupant has to twist the seat belt in order to wear it.

When driving, without a passenger, it sort of slaps against the body.

It appears as though 2 LH belts were installed.

Anyway to unhook this and turn it around or do I need to replace it?

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
912 Posts
The belt can be folded onto itself at an approximate forty-five degree angle, and then pulled through the latch plate (eyelet).

The forty-five degree angle causes the latch plate to change sides of the belt. Although it is a tough pull, it will compress enough to fit through.

Sometimes the fold will fall open as it is starting through the latch plate; sometimes it is difficult to get the double layer of belt started into the latch plate; but it will finally work.

Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all.

I found this and it worked like a charm.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The belt can be folded onto itself at an approximate forty-five degree angle, and then pulled through the latch plate (eyelet).

The forty-five degree angle causes the latch plate to change sides of the belt. Although it is a tough pull, it will compress enough to fit through.

Sometimes the fold will fall open as it is starting through the latch plate; sometimes it is difficult to get the double layer of belt started into the latch plate; but it will finally work.

Hope this helps you.

thx Myopic it worked for my seat belt too glad for the simple idea

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
Happy that you got it turned the right way !! I had 1 like many years ago and after seeing your You Tube I remembered that is the way to get it done !!

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
912 Posts
thx Myopic it worked for my seat belt too glad for the simple idea
Hello Jim, been a while. Yeah, over the decades at work, we had lots of our drivers get the latch plate turned around on the unitized seat/shoulder belt. The folding method always worked; glad yours got turned correct.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts