Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey peeps. So getting ready to tackle front passenger side motor mount and driver side motor mount on a 2013 scion xb. The mounts are easy to get to, I've just never done them befor. I can't find a thread or even a Google search that tells me how to do it. I'm decently mechanically inclined and have all the tools. Has any one on here done these befor? Or know where I can get a DIY link?. Thankyou scion fam in advance

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,551 Posts
Put a floor jack under the engine with a block of wood so you can lift it once you pull the old mounts. You'll discover there is a lot of sag in them. Aside from that it's just unbolt and bolt the new ones in. Also if you haven't done the others I would recommend doing them at the same time. Front one is easy, the rear is a bit of a pain to get to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankyou for the quik response. The front driver side looks pretty easy, the one at the bottom. The one on the passenger side up top looks a little more difficult, have you replaced the passenger one befor

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,551 Posts
I've replaced all four. The left and right sides aren't difficult at all. Passenger one is just a little awkward getting around the AC lines. A U-joint on the ratchet takes care of that though. The only difficult one is the rear mount on the bottom back of the engine. Mainly difficult because it's on the bottom back. Jack stands and a creeper help but I cheated and took it to a buddy's shop and did it on his lift.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts