Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are you folks installing components in the front...I was thinking the tweeter in place of the dash speaker and the mid in the door?

Or are you installing the tweeter on the piller or some other location?

Also, are you ditching the rear speakers? I read a couple of posts saying they wont be much good back there with some base.

·
Registered
485 Posts
just in case ya need the speaker sizes here they are

4 inch in the dash

6.5 inch in the front door

5.25 inch in the rear cargo area

Some have fit 6.5s in the rear w/ MDF rings.
credit to squirrel for info

·
Registered
208 Posts
i kept my tweeters in their stock place, i like the way the highs bombard you from the front and then the bass takes up your back-good mix. i prefer keeping rear speakers b/c the back seaters need to hear something beside bass and it sounds good in the back w/ those 5.25" pushin out some highs to balance out your bass...

in the end it's all personal preference

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
AAronInTheBox said:
i kept my tweeters in their stock place, i like the way the highs bombard you from the front and then the bass takes up your back-good mix. i prefer keeping rear speakers b/c the back seaters need to hear something beside bass and it sounds good in the back w/ those 5.25" pushin out some highs to balance out your bass...

in the end it's all personal preference
Aaron knows of what he speaks. His system sounds great, even the box he made for the back!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I took the 5.25 from back and put them in the dash with the help of my dremel tool, very little modification needed. Inthe back where the 5.25 were is my voltage meter and fuse block.

·
Registered
382 Posts
ricksxbox said:
where did you get the kickpanels and what size speakers are using in the doors
My buddy owns a stereo shop and he built the kickpanels for the car by building off the factory kickpanels.
The door has a 7" CDT Audio speaker the kickpanel has a 4" CDT

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
FREQBOX: where is your buddy's shop at? i need to check out some shops to get my system done... i got all the parts just looking into other things he might have or i might "want"...

·
Registered
382 Posts
xBx29xEF said:
FREQBOX: where is your buddy's shop at? i need to check out some shops to get my system done... i got all the parts just looking into other things he might have or i might "want"...
His shop is in on Foothill Blvd in La Crescenta its called Audio Advice the number is #818 248 4663. I dont remember the address so youll have to call.
His name is Devin and he has done quite a few installs on scions now and as you can see from my install pictures he does top notch work at very fair prices.
Super nice guy its just him and his wife but he really knows his stuff.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.