Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
Joined
·
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well probably like so many I got my box with 2 holes drilled in the front bumper for the plate. I would like to move it but I'll have these 2 holes... I'd like to get them filled but not so sure how much thats gonna run me either.

Anyone come up with a cheap and pretty way to cover up the holes and move their plates?

So far the one option that seems the best is to cover it up with a graphics of some sorts. Better known as a sticker :p

Any pictures of your fix would be greatly appreciated too!
 

·
TheOtherGuys
Joined
·
7,988 Posts
I've seen people put them little metal spikes through their bumper. (S&M type, Headbanger, etc.)
 

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
Joined
·
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a rear plate holder with metal spikes all around it. I do have some 4 inch metal spikes I used for my old docs... I could come up with something like that. Thanks for the idea!
 

·
TheOtherGuys
Joined
·
7,988 Posts
Gcat007 said:
I have a rear plate holder with metal spikes all around it. I do have some 4 inch metal spikes I used for my old docs... I could come up with something like that. Thanks for the idea!

Only thing is that a cop would know that you definatly had a plate at one time, and know that you removed it. It's different if there are no holes at all, you could maybe get away with telling them that the dealer never installed it.
 

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
Joined
·
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Padanky said:
Only thing is that a cop would know that you definatly had a plate at one time, and know that you removed it. It's different if there are no holes at all, you could maybe get away with telling them that the dealer never installed it.

I'll be keeping the front plates. I just want a different location. Thing is if I move it I'm going to have 2 ugly holes to fill in.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
16,213 Posts
Padanky said:
I've seen people put them little metal spikes through their bumper.
That's what we did on the wife's box. They're actually the chrome "bullets" to hold the license plate frame in place. The plate frame we used is the one from Eight08 Customs in Hawaii, we mounted it low for a different look.
 

Attachments

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
Joined
·
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea those are the brackets I'll be getting.

I like the idea of the bullet screws in place of the holes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
:mad: :eek: :eek: Dam Dion!!! you have a 2car gerrrrage while the hornet sits out in the cold !!! thundergod I'am loving that hood more and more;) ;) the sd/omc
 

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
Joined
·
3,810 Posts
ric2542 said:
:mad: :eek: :eek: Dam Dion!!! you have a 2car gerrrrage while the hornet sits out in the cold !!! thundergod I'am loving that hood more and more;) ;) the sd/omc
it's better to do it, then not to do it; depending on what to do. but if you're gonna do it, then do it right. so just do it ric2542. The Hood is Good... :D
 

·
Who am I to say this?
Joined
·
2,110 Posts
ThunderGod said:
it's better to do it, then not to do it; depending on what to do. but if you're gonna do it, then do it right. so just do it ric2542. The Hood is Good... :D
I'm sorry, what are we doing? j/k :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
I just bought some black plastic plugs from Lowes and put those in when I relocated my plate. One day I'll paint match them, but I barely even notice them. Cost like 25 cents a piece.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top