Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just to let you guys know, the Almighty Easystreet/Airlift front bags failed on me today. Luckly i was only about 2 blocks from home. The front pass. side sleeve bag pulled out from the bottom clamp.... JUST LIKE THE REAR ONES DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was only able to limp it home because not the entire sleeve pulled out from the clamp. I was driving down my street holding the switch for the front pass. valve to keep it air up so it wouldn't drop and krinkle my oh so pretty fender!

this is the first problem i have had with my front bags. I'm not to pissed. I knew going into the air ride project back in june that bags will fail, as well as valves. Compressors can fail, lines can break.... its all part of having air ride.

Now the rears of the Esaystreet/Airlift kit is another story. I'm sure you guys have heard one or MORE stories about them, so i'll spare you mine.... hell... mine was probably one of them you read on SL..lol

~Clay

·
Registered
144 Posts
Man... sorry to hear about this. Hey, I have the EasyStreet/Airlift bags as well. Any info you have regarding issues I would like to know for future.

I have been riding on mine since June as well. Fortunately I have had no problems with my bags (or any other part of my setup) yet. But I am sure I will face some problems from wear so it would be good to know as much as I can. Thanks.

·
Registered
949 Posts
sorry to hear that.. good thing nothing happend to the xb though.. i am thinking bags next year i guess it would be a good idea if i do is to have some extra stuff on hand just incase...

·
Registered
142 Posts
that sucks bro.... I'm plannin on changing out my bag setup sometime before the end of the semester. If you could use another hand in help, let me know bro.

·
Lurkin'
495 Posts
Well that sux's !!! I think you should sell the "B" to me for a few hundred $$ since it has all those problems and drive Sarahs stock "B"...LOL !! j/k give a scream if you need some help !!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
That really sucks, Sorry to hear it!

·
Registered
198 Posts
that really sucks sorry to hear it. ive always wanted bags but i guess ill wait to get another car so at least one can be a daily driver incase something like this would happen. Cant wait to see your car in ames ia

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great news...

Jim at Easy Street is sending me a full air strut assembly, and an extra air bag for the strut thats on my car now at no charge... not even shipping.

This will give me a spare for the front, and i have a spare SS bag for the rear.

I must say... I have ALOT more respect for ES now that i have talked to Jim. When i had issues with the rear setup, it was a nightmare trying to get **** warrantied. they made me buy a new kit for the rear, then said they would credit my card back when the received the old ones.... it took almost 2 effin months to get a freakin refund!

ES now has new bags (simalar to the SS & firestones), and when i asked him to send me a set to test out, he told me that my SS were better than them....LOL. At least he is honest. They are also in the process of making a new front strut. I think they are leaning away from the sleeve bags, but he didn't give me much info.... He said that i should call him when the new ones are out so he can send me some!

I urge any of you that have problems to contact JIM, and NO ONE else. He was super nice, and respond to all of my questions with an honest, and knowledgable answer.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Wow, good thing you weren't in the middle of nowhere.

And talk about good customer service.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.