Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's yet another good reason not to buy a product from this French owned company. Yes, Nissan is Japanese in origin but now French owned.

From Consumer Reports: Recall Report

'03-'06 Nissan Murano

If front wheel runs over sharp object in road, fuel tank could puncture, posing fire hazard.

Models: 205,000 sport-utility vehicles. Hazard exists because of the location of part of the fuel tank, which makes it susceptible to damage from small, sharp debris that gets kicked up.

What to do: Have dealer install protectors in front of fuel tank. For information, call Nissan at 800 647-7261.

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
did you know that my mom's '95 Nissan Quest is assemble by FORD?!?!? :eek:

piece of crap van, we spent a lot of $$ just to repair it...

·
Who am I to say this?
2,110 Posts
bB626 said:
did you know that my mom's '95 Nissan Quest is assemble by FORD?!?!? :eek:

piece of crap van, we spent a lot of $$ just to repair it...

We had a '97 Quest, it was starting to go to pieces so we sold it to get Angie's box. Same thing as a Murcury Villager, Murcury = Ford = Crap! (imo)

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
bB626 said:
are you sure? i took some pics of my mom's van...

OOOOH Burn! J/K.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Interesting, I worked on Mecurys for a few years. The only thing I paid attention to was the motor. The motor, trans, and the computer system is all made by Nissan. So maybe Nissan designed it and provided the major components and Ford assembled it?
Some parts would come in a Ford box but the actual part would be in a bag inside the box in a Nissan bag with a Nissan part number on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.