Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, not really a free mod, you still need to get some stuff, but like me I already have the material from previous projects, so it count as free.

Are you still using your factory hood stand? what is the color? probably same as mine, kinda uneven tarnish metal color. with 800 grit sandpaper, turtle wax polishing compound, I polished it into chrome like shine, kinda shine like the rod from our shock/strut.

Just take it off by working the hood stand on its base, once you got it off, use the 800 grit paper and start jerking it off, you'll immediately notice the change in color to chrome like. finish it of with polishing compound on rag and start jerking it off:D

Attachments

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
You wanna jerk mine off? ;)

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
so let me get this straight? you jerked it off. then there was some white stuff on it and you then finished it off?:p

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
This post just made my day. Thanks Sid. I polished mine a while back but I guess I didn't enjoy my job as much as you did. I'm thinking it's probably a good idea you didn't post a more indepth DIY with pics. :D

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
*snicker* Y'all are naughty boys!

I like the braid stuff. I guess I need to take a better look into my engine (hey, that's what I have Jeff for lol) and see what the hood bar looks like.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.