Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
TheOtherGuys
Joined
·
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the "other site"



Annual Scion Show-Down!

All is invited! It was a great turn-out last year and we are anticipating a even more people to show-up this year.

Trophies, Food, Drinks, Free Give-aways and more!!!......

We have taken a lot of your post-show opinions and made selveral adjustments to make this event even better.

SPREAD THE WORD! INVITE OTHER SCION OWNERS TO COME! IT WILL BE FUN!

Date: April 8, 2006
Time: 12:00 - 6:00
Place: Fred Haas Toyota/Scion World
20400 I-45 North
Spring, Tx 77375
Phone: (281) 297-7000

Please post any questions or information may help for this event.

Thank you!


Update:
I'm Sam, scion-rep here at Fred's, thought I log-in and give you guys some new developments for the April 8th event.

REGISTRATION FOR SCION SHOW-OFF: 12:00 - 2:00
five judges will be randomly selected and will be announced at 3:00
actual judging time; 3:15 - 3:45

CAR-TOYS SOUND-OFF: 3:00 - 4:00
car-toys staff will be in charge of this competition.

AWARDS: 4:00 - 5:00
trophies will be presented for show-off competition then sound-off competition.

PRIZES AND GIVEAWAYS: 5:00 - 6:00
winners will be randomly selected and announced.
FYI: stick-around for the prizes, it will be WORTH IT!

last year, we didn't announce set times, and some of you didn't get to compete.
this will give everyone an opportunity.

BIG SURPRISE FROM CALIFORNIA: just wait and see!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
u know TSE will be present. i dont get our of work till 10 tho but should make it in time to that side by 11 so i have plenty of time to wash the ride atleast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
lol who said u where going to take this one lol..... dont worry more shows will come up i think i have a few weekends in april already filled with events as well as in may
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
j0n said:
lol who said u where going to take this one lol..... dont worry more shows will come up i think i have a few weekends in april already filled with events as well as in may
Ive yet to meet any scions that are even close in loudness. Plus im getting a new subwoofer so yah.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
from my understandings car toys didnt really do it right in the first place. an ill be getting some new speakers as well with a better amp than the 800watts one i am currently using.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
j0n said:
from my understandings car toys didnt really do it right in the first place. an ill be getting some new speakers as well with a better amp than the 800watts one i am currently using.
Yah they didnt even use the right kinda mic. My max on a termlab mic(which is what audio comps use) i do a 146.9 which will be louder once I upgrade my sub.
 

·
TheOtherGuys
Joined
·
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here are my pics.
 

Attachments

·
TheOtherGuys
Joined
·
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
and a few more.
 

Attachments

·
TheOtherGuys
Joined
·
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I took home the trophy for Second Over-all. First place was a TC with a body kit and a few other things.

I ended up hooking up with Underground Evolution. We had the most entries, wins. It was a good show.

I got to meet Bdonscion, his ride is sweet.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
sweet pics congrats , nice turn out. weird judging but in all it was ok. homeboy took first in sound off wit a 168... ive noticed alot of modifications that where including fender work lol nice ones too by the way. that tc i didnt get only had a body kit tho? but overall it was a good show. i of course won some free facial pass's ? wtf am i going to do with free day spa pass's? haha would wanted the rims instead but its all good next time.
 

·
TheOtherGuys
Joined
·
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
j0n said:
sweet pics congrats , nice turn out. weird judging but in all it was ok. homeboy took first in sound off wit a 168... ive noticed alot of modifications that where including fender work lol nice ones too by the way. that tc i didnt get only had a body kit tho? but overall it was a good show. i of course won some free facial pass's ? wtf am i going to do with free day spa pass's? haha would wanted the rims instead but its all good next time.
Yeah, I didn't understand the TC winning either. I guess they didn't want to give all the trophy's to the xB's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
haha maybe, but oh well atleast some of us pulled away wit somthing lol an 20 people got lil trophys lol damn i need some rims to atleast get a novice trophy
 

·
TheOtherGuys
Joined
·
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
j0n said:
haha maybe, but oh well atleast some of us pulled away wit somthing lol an 20 people got lil trophys lol damn i need some rims to atleast get a novice trophy
The mini trophy's were funny. I got a $20 certicate to some place on in Bellaire and gave it away.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
j0n said:
sweet pics congrats , nice turn out. weird judging but in all it was ok. homeboy took first in sound off wit a 168... ive noticed alot of modifications that where including fender work lol nice ones too by the way. that tc i didnt get only had a body kit tho? but overall it was a good show. i of course won some free facial pass's ? wtf am i going to do with free day spa pass's? haha would wanted the rims instead but its all good next time.
What was you're friend who won the sound off running? And car toys really should invest in a termlab so they can give more official results. 168 is ridiculous unless you're trying to go for some kinda world record.
 

·
TheOtherGuys
Joined
·
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Gunz4sale said:
What was you're friend who won the sound off running? And car toys really should invest in a termlab so they can give more official results. 168 is ridiculous unless you're trying to go for some kinda world record.

The twins that got 2nd and 3rd, one had a 12 w7 in a TC and screwed up the meter and they ended up having to go three times each to try and fix it. they went right before the last guy. If 1st place guy went last I think that is why his score was so high.
 

·
TheOtherGuys
Joined
·
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
j0n said:
haha maybe, but oh well atleast some of us pulled away wit somthing lol an 20 people got lil trophys lol damn i need some rims to atleast get a novice trophy

The guy that won the rims, do you know what he drove? All the rims they had to choose from were 5 lug.
 
1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Top