Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we have a thread on strut bars, but is anyone running any type of frame bracing, or have any info on what's available for the xB? I guess this might include roll bars, not sure though.

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
somebody is making subframe braces for the xB and you can get the rear strut brace. I installed bigger sway bars and noticed a difference. I should have my rollcage in Jan sometime, Place called Izzy's custom roll cages here in STL is making it for me. I will try and research the braces for you today.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone! Alex, that's exactly what I'm talking about! :cool: And a big thanks to you too, Tim. Looking forward to seeing your rollcage. Please be sure to take pics of the install!

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I have a harness bar and the bBist.com C-pillar brace.

I have the Cusco 4 point lower frame brace and TRD rear frame brace waiting to be re-installed. But no rear strut brace because it serves no purpose unless mounted directly to the tower. The shock sturt itself has too much play and is not seurely mounted to any part of the body/frame.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
squirrel said:
I have a harness bar and the bBist.com C-pillar brace.

I have the Cusco 4 point lower frame brace and TRD rear frame brace waiting to be re-installed. But no rear strut brace because it serves no purpose unless mounted directly to the tower. The shock sturt itself has too much play and is not seurely mounted to any part of the body/frame.
I know this will seem like the "dumb" question bro, but humor me: I've seen pics of the C-pillar brace (c/f, i think), what is it's purpose and how does it work?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Here are the bars that weapon-r / monster motorworks prototyped for the phoenix.

They are being produced as we speak. With no other mod on the stock xb, we got it up on 3 wheels with no body roll. these work pretty fantastic.
The Stratus Bar is a better option than the c-pillar brace if you want to sit in the back seat with out bumping your head both products are great, it bolts to the grab handle mounts. The Lateral Stablizer Brace leaves room for a speaker box or storage.

also GTspec and Cusco both offer subframe braces for the xb
http://www.gtspec.com/ talk to Ken Chan
http://www.napsusa.com (Cusco Dist.) talk to Kirk Swensen

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Yeah, I can't wait for the one that sits behind the back seat.

Ray and Leo are the cit!

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:eek: Jim, that looks like a metallic work of art!! I'm really speechless right now, wanna finish this up so I can look again! :cool:

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
dtrain619 said:
I know this will seem like the "dumb" question bro, but humor me: I've seen pics of the C-pillar brace (c/f, i think), what is it's purpose and how does it work?
Dion, to reduce body flex while cornering during those spirited jaunts.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
squirrel said:
Dion, to reduce body flex while cornering during those spirited jaunts.
So is that a carbon piece? I like what Jim's done with the bracing on the Phoenix, but that's not gonna be in the budget! :(

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
dtrain619 said:
So is that a carbon piece? I like what Jim's done with the bracing on the Phoenix, but that's not gonna be in the budget! :(
Dion, I have the bBist.com cf c-pillar brace. There are a few around, but none that I know that are for sale. I'm waiting for the piece from MMW that sits behind the rear seat.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
squirrel said:
Dion, I have the bBist.com cf c-pillar brace. There are a few around, but none that I know that are for sale. I'm waiting for the piece from MMW that sits behind the rear seat.
Gotta link for MMW? I'd like to check out what they offer.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
dtrain619 said:
Gotta link for MMW? I'd like to check out what they offer.
Dion, you should be able to get to it from here.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.