Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
Ford has been toying with that body style for a few years now.....I guess they gotta learn from Toyota.......

·
Registered
974 Posts
Those things don't look anything alike. Thats like saying two chicks look the same because they are both 5'5'' and blonde.

·
Banned
77 Posts
and btw...
the jeep cherokee design has been a square box way
before the xb. so actually the xb was not the originator
of this design.

and there are many other cars which i can't think of at the
moment that have square designs.

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
BSPToaster said:
Well if that's the case the xB is a copy of the 1995 Ford Arostar :)
When I saw Chevy Astro in dark color my immediate thought was "it needs to be smaller". Square is square: even older Mitsubishi Van looks similar in styling of the xB

·
Registered
260 Posts
No-sir, don't like it, not one bit!

Looks kinda like the and Cruiser had a little too much to drink, mated with an Exploder, uh Explorer, and this is what rolled off the assembly line, looks kinda cool, but the fact is , it is still infected with the inferior Ford genetics, and will never be as good as the original XB, the leader in design and good looks, ...and reliability, and gas mileage, and ........................[goes on and on till everyone is bored to tears]
I'll stick with my Scion, let the guys who don't know , buy the , [ in voice of Dr. Evil] ....'' Inferior American Clone'' Muuuaaaaaaggh!.....................going to take meds now.........

·
Registered
208 Posts
it doesn't matter to me if it looks like an xB, all i know is that's it's riding wayyyyyy too high and scion will blow that thing outta the water:D

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
C'mon, the rolling box has been a basic design since there have been automobiles, essentially.

The Jeep wagon (1946-1963) was your basic square box...

... and the good ol' Divco milk truck was around 1926-1965...

(I think the xB and the Divco look like they're at least cousins.) :p

Tom

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
scionetics said:
and btw...
the jeep cherokee design has been a square box way
before the xb. so actually the xb was not the originator
of this design.

and there are many other cars which i can't think of at the
moment that have square designs.
True. Forgot about the Cherokee. (Chrysler sort of brought it back with the Commander, just on a larger platform.)

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I don't think there was any question that there's other boxy cars that have been and still are out there. I'm embarassed to say that my eyes aren't that great and many times a day, out of the corner of my eye I will see an Astro, Jeep, LandRover or that similar Mercedes thing and immediately do a double take because it "looked" like a box car ... lol

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.