Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have a sub box in the hatch...do you have any difference in ride height between the front and rear?

I might need to replace my H&R Race springs because of the uneven drop.

·
Registered
762 Posts
with camber plates on my car the rear sits lower than the front and i dont have ANYTHING in teh back of my car :(

·
Registered
974 Posts
I have DF210's and nothing in the back and my car actually sits .25 to .5 inches higher in the rear.

·
Registered
869 Posts
im going to install my DF210's today! i'll take before and after pics. i only have one 10" sub in a small box......you may want to consider doing that.....because the box is'nt make to haul or try going to your part's store and buying rubber spring helpers that you wedge in between the coil......i'd try that before you replace you springs...

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So my plan is: if new shocks in back, and echo struts in the front (lower .5") don't work, then I'm going with lowest springs out there....HKS SF5's.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Mine was even in back, but thats because I have a huge huge box back there. Without it, there was slight rake to it. (towards front)

scotty

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Tanabe and HKS are very close. HKS owners claim that the SF5 are a bit lower. No one has actually taken pics side by side, but I don't doubt them.

The HKS are advertised at 54mm (2.16") / 57 mm (2.24") drop.

The Tanabe DF210 are advertised at 2.2" (56 mm) / 2.0" (51 mm) drop.

I think that is what many Tanabe owners (such as myself) experience a slight rake. I think overall you will sit about the same between the two, but the SF5 will be more level.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
i have nothing in the back but a spare and my rear sits lower than the front as is. with the tanabes its a pretty even drop on mine.

·
NO CLUB
369 Posts
I had 2" Spy springs before I bagged my troll. With the 2 10" subs in the back, it was dumped. I ended up cutting 2 coils off the front to make it level.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I want to replace my TRD springs with Tanabe or HKS. Do you guys have any good links for the killer deals??

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
You can beat their pricing by 50 cents if you buy from PTuning and use the "ptscionlife" discount code. I know it is only $0.50, but I have had great experience with them, and they really support the Scion community.

I would also get in contact with C2 Auto. He is running specials all the time. He is who I bought my wife's DF210s from. He had a special going for $150 shipped.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The Tanabe df210's advertise a 2.2inch drop in the front and a 2 inch drop in the rear, so your box should rake towards the front a little if anything. Mine does.

ps- I have a 10in sub in a small box and I got rid of my spare tire.

·
Registered
762 Posts
my tanabes have a backwards rake, the rear sits lower than the front :(. no system, no anything.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
i have a system with the tanabes and the rear on my car doesnt sag...well before the makeover. it sits pretty evened out. the only downside i saw to tanabe was too soft a rate that what id like.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.