Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have a 2006 BSP xB and i was wondering when is the best time to shift in a sunday drive setting and in a drag setting.

p.s.

where do you all shift at?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yea I'd really like to know the best time to shift when you are at a track and want to get the best time.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Each time I go to the track I run 8 times.

I found that my times did not change if I dumped the clutch at about 3K rpm or feathered it. I shift at around 6K.

I run a pretty consistant 16.9 - 17.1 with the Texas Heat, H/E/I and pulley.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Aggh, yea the texas heat, I hear you on that! I should go later in the year when it is nice and cool so I can get better times!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
just leave it in first the whole way down the track.... i swear... youll be fine!

haha.

ive only ran my xB a couple times, and i always hit about 6-6.5 before i shift. i let it get up there pretty high.

as for daily sunday driving, it depends. usually right around 3-3.5 is pretty good. once i hit 4-4.5 the exhaust gets LOUD. dont want that to attract the cops now do we...

scotty

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
preacherboy said:
Aggh, yea the texas heat, I hear you on that! I should go later in the year when it is nice and cool so I can get better times!

When I first got the box, I went to the track in January. Best out of 8 was a 16.9 with only the TRD axle-back.

Went back in the summer, with intake, TRD shift kit. Best out of 8 was a 17.3

Went back the next January with a added Perrin Pulley and Megan Header, and ran a consistant 16.9 - 17.1

Best trap speed each time I went was 79mph maybe one 80mph

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
ScionScotty said:
and i always hit about 6-6.5 before i shift. i let it get up there pretty high.

Same here.

Before I installed the Pulley I always made it the qtr right at the 3rd gear redline. Once I installed the pulley I had to shift to 4th about two car lengths before the finish. Trap speed never really changed.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
ScionScotty said:
which pulley are you runnin Chris?

next up to step up the power for me is a header and hopefully pulley.

scotty
Perrin, made the most difference. Favorite mod (engine).

·
Registered
340 Posts
I read on a lot of sites on the web that you should go on the last yellow as opposed to waiting for the green light. What do you guys think of that?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i usually shift at 5200 because when you shift the engine tends to drop 1000rpm lower than the previous gear... and the max torque range is 4200 so wouldnt it be logical to shift at this because of you will grip it harder than at other rpms?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
sounds logical, what are your times?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i dont take this to the track, in kennedale we have a 1/8mile and somewhere in ennis or so there is a 1/4mile i just do peelouts considered burnouts... also when i drive my stock tyres squeel when i start out and when i shift into 2nd

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
aaronle06 said:
i dont take this to the track, in kennedale we have a 1/8mile and somewhere in ennis or so there is a 1/4mile i just do peelouts considered burnouts... also when i drive my stock tyres squeel when i start out and when i shift into 2nd
I like to suprise people by running down the street in third at around 40-45 and downshift to 2nd, rev up then drop the clutch and bark the tires. :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah thats pretty pwn... i went out on a sunday looking for a shop open selling tyres because i want to get that bark at 2nd out with my stock tyres and with something with better grip.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
aaronle06 said:
yeah thats pretty pwn... i went out on a sunday looking for a shop open selling tyres because i want to get that bark at 2nd out with my stock tyres and with something with better grip.
Stockers are alot of fun, I'm running 18's. Stockers will make a nice solid black line down the street.:D

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Dumped the clutch at about 4K on a nice cement street. I did it turning right out of a store, white smoke, the works. Fun stuff. Oh, it was only about 15ft long, not the whole street or anything. No e-brake either, might of helped turning. Just don't break anything.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.