Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What cleaning products are you using?

Not washes, but polishes, waxes, etc.

Most of the products I looked at specifically say not to use around vinyl or plastic. And avoiding it isn’t really a good option for me :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

EVILDAVE?

Hello?

Is this thing on?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
This is kind of a goofy forum area. Hard to see and all.

I've always just used quick detailer or nano wax/wipe and shine on my stripes. They always came out very nice. One of the biggest problems with a paste wax is that it will get in the area next to the vinyl and look like crap and be near impossible to remove.

The quck detailer doesn't last very long, but it sure does look good!

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
Damp Micro Fiber towels work great to get the wax off the seams of the vinyl. thats what i use/ i got clear bra on my box

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
2,912 Posts
This is kind of a goofy forum area. Hard to see and all.

I've always just used quick detailer or nano wax/wipe and shine on my stripes. They always came out very nice. One of the biggest problems with a paste wax is that it will get in the area next to the vinyl and look like crap and be near impossible to remove.

The quck detailer doesn't last very long, but it sure does look good!

Maybe if you taped off the edge of your stripes with blue painters tape (i KNOW you have some of that) it wouldn't make the edge look like crap when you get wax near it and it's easier to clean off. :) Just a suggestion. I've heard of some MINI dudes doing it when they wax their cars.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I use SmartWax for the entire body, stripes included. The vinyl doesn't scratch and I've had no problems with the was building up under the edges. It's not a paste wax though. Good stuff!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.