Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
bB Squad son!
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A stupid ass truck dropped a 4 ft. by 6 ft. high thin piece of plywood on the freeway today. As I was driving on the freeway a big rig drove over it since it's pretty light, got kicked up by the truck. As I drove behind, the rig kicked it up standing up and it was too late for me to move out of the way so I hit it with the corner of my front bumper and my rear rim.

The damage......front corner of my bumper is completely scratched, fog light bumlb shattered (from what I know, all I know right now is that the fog light doesn't turn on....I still have to check on that when I have a chance), the portion of the wheelwell where the bumper bolts on to broke (luckily, it's barely noticible and the bumper isn't hanging or anything) and my rear rim is completely scratched up and needs to be refinished.

This sucks.....thanks for reading and letting me vent.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Ugh! Sorry to hear that! I accidentally ran over some smaller chunks of wood like that, that had been kicked up by the trucks in front of me. I screamed, but couldn't do anything about it because there were cars on either side of me. Lucky for me, I don't think it caused any damage. Other annoying crap I've accidentally ran over are truck tire treads. Those don't sound so good driving over them at 80 mph!

Freeways suck.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Sorry to hear the bad news.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
truckers( or people ) are rather careless anymore about securing sh!t on their trucks and cars or semis. the other day, I came across boulders laying in the middle of a really busy main road frequented by gravel trucks. I mean boulders as these rocks were at least 4 to 5 inches in diameter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.