Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok. so last night i was driving home and several pieces of wood flew off a truck (somewhere up ahead that i couldnt see) and proceeded to hit the vehicle in front of me. One piece shattered all over my car and scratched it up pretty good. Another piece struck my grill and cut through it like a hot knife thru melting butter. My entire radiator was dented and damaged severely and was hit so hard it got knocked out of its socket completely. The fan behind there came off its track and cut into the engine bay against some things i can seven see. Things got pretty messed up and knocked lots of tubing and other pieces out of their normal spots. My grill was actually taken off my vehicle and snapped parts of my bumper off. I have quite a bit to be fixed some time this week. I filed a claim and since debris fell off of a truck and not up from the ground, my comprehensive is paying for everything (woooo hooo!!). Nonetheless, i have a huge mess of a front of a vehicle right now that i can drive.

I wont have pics up til later since im at work right now and i dont have my car. Its a messsssssssss

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
damn sorry to hear that bro. it seems like once a week or so someone on here has damage to their car from ramdom crap on the freeway.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
^^^ what he said! ^^^

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well this sucks, i just found out that they cant even begin to work on my car until monday.

Theres a local car show for our chapter thats been planned for months...and now i cant show in it. This sucks really bad. Now im just frustrated

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
backseatchris said:
well this sucks, i just found out that they cant even begin to work on my car until monday.

Theres a local car show for our chapter thats been planned for months...and now i cant show in it. This sucks really bad. Now im just frustrated
Enter as "under re-construction". Never know, you might get a trophy for Most Effed Up Box". :eek:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
keyeasy said:
Can you take it somewhere else? I'm in Laurel, MD. There's gotta be some place around that can take you right away.
ive been looking around but everywhere seems too busy (with this heat) to even look at my box. I work at the dealership its being repaired at and i cant coax anyone to look at it for me. Only good thing is that my bud is giving me 2 12inch subs as a ''get well soon'' present

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
That really sucks, but I'm glad you didn't get hurt. I'm glad that your insurance is taking care of this and this will get done soon. And by the way, you have a nice friend!;)

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I hate when these trucks dont secure or cover their load. I have to go through a gravel and sand pit area on my way to work ever morning (that is why I drive the 94 olds acheiva and my wife has the box) and it looks like **** after just 2 years. Before it was spotless (my grandmothers).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.