Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, bB626 brought this up in another thread and I thought it would be a good starter.

Do you think that overseas the big mod is to do a floor shifter ala USDM xBs on their bBs?

I would see the floor shift as infinitely more desirable and the mod shouldn't be TOO big of a deal...

Thoughts?

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
grizzly_choppers said:
Do you think that overseas the big mod is to do a floor shifter ala USDM xBs on their bBs?
that would be very cool! i dont like the steering shifter column because its like driving a minivan...

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
bB626 said:
that would be very cool! i dont like the steering shifter column because its like driving a minivan...
Too true! A column shift takes the "sportiness" out of the xB imo. But then, so does a bench seat! :eek:

·
Registered
172 Posts
No, I would never trade my column shyift for a floor shift.... with column shift and bench seats, it is so easy for the passenger to slide over to driver side..... well why the need for sliding over.... u guys makes the guess!!!!

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
KapitanE said:
No, I would never trade my column shyift for a floor shift.... with column shift and bench seats, it is so easy for the passenger to slide over to driver side..... well why the need for sliding over.... u guys makes the guess!!!!
Didn't mean to offend, Kapitan. :eek: Your remark about the passenger sliding over is a good one! :D I was just speaking for myself, I drive my xB with alot of "spirit", so the buckets work for me. And even though I have an auto (not my choice), I still like to "run through the gears", especially on curves!!

BTW, do they only have automatics in Japan/Singapore?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a really good point Kaptain!

I do have people ask for a bench from time to time and I really have nothing to offer them at the moment. It really would make the xB more versitile, but I don't know that I want to give up my buckets!

·
Registered
172 Posts
dtrain619 said:
Didn't mean to offend, Kapitan. :eek: Your remark about the passenger sliding over is a good one! :D I was just speaking for myself, I drive my xB with alot of "spirit", so the buckets work for me. And even though I have an auto (not my choice), I still like to "run through the gears", especially on curves!!

BTW, do they only have automatics in Japan/Singapore?
No no no.... I was not offended at all...apologies, maybe the tone of my reply sounded like I was offended... please... I was not... ;)

I drive my bB without spirits..:p :p The car is meant to cruise, .... I drive it especially at a good speed for pedestrains to have a look.....:p

Anyway, all the bB here is Singapore are auto, we here in Singapore are too lazy to drive manuals..... jahahhahahahhaaa

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
KapitanE said:
Here is a picture of my front seats...

Well, looks like I spoke too soon, again! :eek: I don't recall ever seeing your interior, but I have to say I like it....... a lot! The armrest is a nice touch. Your seats actually look more like a bench bucket, do they slide independent of each other?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hmmm bench bucket... new word... yah, they do slide independent of each other. The armrest is actually stock, but the two tone leather is a mod of mine. The car came with fabric seats stock.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
KapitanE said:
Hmmm bench bucket... new word... yah, they do slide independent of each other. The armrest is actually stock, but the two tone leather is a mod of mine. The car came with fabric seats stock.
Oh wow! You get the best of both worlds. Buckets when you want them, a bench when you "need it." :D :D :D Well, I've changed my mind, I want those over here! And the armrest is stock? Why can't we have a stock armrest in the states? (Alex, use your clout!!! ;) )

1 - 14 of 14 Posts