Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well heres my rear tires as of yesterday.

outter half

Inner half!!

only 6k miles on em.
i'm running -5 camber for those who don't know.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
My response in SL form: Camber is so damn stupid. Im a mechanic, and I think you are crazy for RUINING a good tire like that. What a waste.

My real response: Friggin hot. Gotta pay to play! Cant wait to see the ride all done! Next time just try flipping the tire on the rim, and youll get some more mileage outta that bad boy! :D

scotty

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol love the 2 different post modes there. yeah i'll take better care of the next set but you know about all my fitment issuse with this set so i was hopin they'd wear down quickly. plus these were cheapo arerican tire co. tires thats why they wore down so quickly too. gonna get a 215/40 instead of the 225/50 i got now

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Yummy, Like Scotty said, "You gotta pay to play!"

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
polarproject said:
you should rotate your tires more often so they will last longer! camber or not!

6k miles is right at time to rotate. He would have to take the tires off the rims and switch sides every rotation.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Padanky said:
6k miles is right at time to rotate. He would have to take the tires off the rims and switch sides every rotation.
yea mine to you got take them off the rim to rotate= bummer

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I dig the VW look. :eek:

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wow ok a lot of ?'s from peeps. i'll start from the bottom up.
Taz-vw look? here's my wheels on a vw

bb05- i have -5 and have had it since june
Tim- they are super easy to get got to my door from japan in about 5 days. much cheaper than you think. check your pm's

yeah they were cheap tires guys the next set will be good tire an i will rotate them often

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I've been running -3 degrees, for two years now, and my NeoGens don't look like that!

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
squirrel said:
I've been running -3 degrees, for two years now, and my NeoGens don't look like that!
they don't make neogens in the size i need :(

·
Registered
974 Posts
Thats why I refuse to camber my wheels. I prefer having tires that last more than a year.

Someone needs to invent tires that are molded to accomodate camber.... lol

·
Registered
691 Posts
I was reading somewhere that wear that is that bad when you have camber is more from your tow being off than the camber. But camber isn't really my thing so I could be wrong, just thought I read that somewhere.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Camber (leaning to one side) will wear tires out at a normal rate, just on one side. Toe (pointing left or right) wears tires out at an accelerated rate by being dragged. Toe sucks, man.

Are both sides like that? Did you ever get an alignement? Curious to know the toe specs. My toe is a bit off on on one side (w/ 3deg Garsons), but I haven't put on enough miles to see how bad my tires are wearing.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts