Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I posted this on "the other" website so I thought I'd put it here too. If your arm rest seems loose after removing the seats or the arm rest, the wire clamp may have slid off of the groove that holds it in place.

Here's how to fix it quickly.

The arm rest is actually two pieces. One mounts to the center console with a metal wire clamp that hooks under the seat rails.

The other mounts on top of the base and is held on by one screw on the back of the arm rest pillar.

Remove that screw, lift up on the arm rest, remove the top unit and you'll see the bottom (base) unit with the metal wire clamp.

If this is not seated, the arm rest will not be anchored and will be loose.

To reconnect the metal wire clamp, use a flat screwdriver and pry the wire clamp back on top of the pillar, making sure to seat the clamp wire in the groove provided.

Now that the base piece is attached,

replace the top piece with the arm rest and reinstall the screw. You're done.

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
thanks for the tips, I will keep that in mind next time I tear my stuff apart :)

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dew said:
thanks for the tips, I will keep that in mind next time I tear my stuff apart :)
Might save a little time. I didn't take the two pieces apart when I pulled the seats out but from moving the arm rest out of the Box it dropped the wire clamp and it took me a minute or two to figure out why it wasn't holding in place. Hope someone else can benefit from my ooopsie!

·
Registered
309 Posts
i installed the armrest myself
dang i'm an idiot i just used all my strength to pull that wire harness up and over onto that groove almost tore off a damn fingernail.

*note to self : screwdrivers work better than fingers

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Spiderbox said:
i installed the armrest myself
dang i'm an idiot i just used all my strength to pull that wire harness up and over onto that groove almost tore off a damn fingernail.

*note to self : screwdrivers work better than fingers
Like my Daddy always told me..."work smarter, not harder". :D

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spiderbox said:
good thinkin surfcity i just went with "if you're in a hole you'll have to dig your way out"
My Grandpa used to always tell me "if you find yourself in a hole, stop digging". :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
surfcitylocal,

Do know how to take the rest of the center console out?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Point_Oh said:
surfcitylocal,

Do know how to take the rest of the center console out?
It's easy. If you don't have a center arm rest, remove the rubber liner in the rear cup holder. You'll find a screw in the bottom, take it out. Pull up on the console at the front by the cup holders. It will take just a little effort but the console will "pop" loose and you can take it off from there.

If you do have a center console you may or may not have the screw in the bottom of the rear cup holder depending on how your dealer installed it. If there is no screw just go to the front of the console and pull up. You'll find once it is loose that you have to work it around the e brake. It will be self evident at this point.

Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts