Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found a sexy 15" that i wanna run as an option to my lover souls:

ssr professor sp2r. they come in 15" and 16" in widths up to 9"!

i want a 15x8 all around and offsets are limited for each size...

if i did 15x8 +26 up front and 15x8 +13 in the back that would put me pretty flush right?

my options are:
normal disk: +30, +17, +5
super low disk: +38, +26, +13

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Sorry Dustin, I'm not much help when there are different disks involved.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah what little knowlege i have about fitment and such is destroyed by disk type :(

did you find any of that relay stuff i told you helpful or was i preaching to the choire :p

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
alright normal disk is just like any wheel is now BASICALLY. xB dont have super big brakes to clear, but with super low disk, i wouldnt mess with it. get normal disk +17 in front, and low disk 13+ in back. that way you will be flush and not have to worry at all about fitment. if you were really brave and wanted to camber out a a tad, go with +5 in front, 13+ in back with OTGs, then camber

scotty

·
Registered
612 Posts
excitebox said:
if i did 15x8 +26 up front and 15x8 +13 in the back that would put me pretty flush right?

my options are:
normal disk: +30, +17, +5
super low disk: +38, +26, +13
Yup, scotty has it right. Super low disk gives you more lip at the expense of brake clearance.

As for offsets, how aggressive do you wanna go? And your willing to roll your fenders right ;) That and 195 tires, you should be good to go.

+26 and +13, a conservatively flush setup with more flexibility in tire choice. Take out your OTG spacer shims so fronts are even with the rear. It'll be like bBoxd when he had Equips.

+17 and +13 will be much more flush. OTG camber and spacer shims will even it out nicely.

+5 normal disk and +13 super low disk will have the same roughly the same lip. So, you might as well get +5 all around with OTG spacer shims. Camber all around and 195/50 tires highly recommended for this setup.

BTW, who do you plan to get the SSRs through?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
rico here's the problem: i sold my camber shims :/. i have a friend with rota d2 wheels that absolutely needed them and since thundergod bought some i sold them to my friend. i still have the OTG spacers though.

heres the other problem (that i actually forgot about until just now): im still keeping my Lover Souls and plan on switching them out occasionally. the lover souls are +25 all around and require the rear spacers to be flush with the fronts. would +5's all around and 195/50's be cool with no camber? i can camber the fronts later if need be.

im getting tein basics and plan to run dumped. i have no problem rolling the rear fenders, the fronts i would like to avoid...

i would actually like fitment close to yours but still be a daily driver if possible. i want people to say "how the F does that fit!?!?!?" haha. kinda like i did when you showed me your wheel fitment the first time hahaha.

third problem: $$$$$$. i found one place online that sells them and they are $281 a piece. im going to email roo at bulletproof and see if he can get them. i have zero spare money for these. thats why i sold my camber plates, to get $$$ for the teins... im not exactly in a rush for these but they are heavily planned ;). if you know a guy that knows a guy that can get ssr professor sp2r's let me know :D

·
Registered
612 Posts
Online places love to quote prices for just about anything, so watch out who you deal with.....that said, $281 is a very good price (way lower than I have heard). I guess it's just a matter of how reliable the source is...have you tried JDMP?

Also, 15x8 +5 would be 13mm further out than my setup (16x9 +30). Flushness at that point is subjective. IMO, they would stick out a bit like Euro poke stlye. Also, IMO, camber all around would make them perfectly flush (in addition to giving you more fender clearance).

I didn't need camber because I was only dropped 2.75-3" plus 205 stretched on 9" creates a lot of clearance. If I went any lower, I would have needed smaller tires.....So, +5 all around with no camber is doable if with a carefully chosen ride height and small stretched tires like 195/50.

If you wanna run +5 all round plus be dumped....ask 2Toned about his setup (Progress, 15x8+0, 205/50 tires, OTG spacer shims).

Oh and you don't need to roll your front fenders. Just flatten the bolt where the bumper connects. Also maybe a little fender liner trimming.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
maybe ill just do 15x8 +17 all around with a 195/50 with OTG rear spacers. id like to run staggered fitment but i forgot my lover souls will tuck hard in the back without the OTG's...

also, i have a FG front bumper now (kenstyle urban), can i still flatten the bolt?

·
Registered
612 Posts
That's the tricky thing with body kits and smaller diameter wheels:

On one hand, the bigger the body kit, the more it visually competes with your fitment; so, the more aggressive the kit, you willl want a more aggressive fitment.

On the other hand, the smaller the diameter of your wheels/tires, the bigger the wheel gap will be; so, the smaller in diameter you go, the more you will want to lower the car.

As for the bolts, just swap them out for flatter/smoother ones.

·
Registered
59 Posts
this is a 15X8 0 offset -5 degrees cambers full dump on ss bags. you can still run the 15X8 +13 with the otg shims. tires are 195/50/15.

also, tein basics don't get too low, but roll your fenders because spring rates suck and when people are in the back it drops quite a bit compared to other coilovers.

·
Registered
59 Posts
oh yeah, i can drive at full dump. no rubbing whatsoever. i also have a couple more mm to play with. not too much probably about 3mm. remember though, otg camber shims are -3 so the 0 offset will be a close one for you.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
camber plate deal fell through and now i want to keep them... im thinking 15x8 +17 front and 15x8 +5 out back with OTG spacer/camber combo... sound right?

·
Registered
74 Posts
excitebox said:
camber plate deal fell through and now i want to keep them... im thinking 15x8 +17 front and 15x8 +5 out back with OTG spacer/camber combo... sound right?
Sorry D, I am still in need of them but at the moment I am just biting off more than I can chew with parts. I also had a problem with my bank that is just killing me right now with what I am trying to do. If you look & my new screen name & think real hard of someone who has something that might go with that title up for sale, well I am sure you know already anyway. I am making payments on it due to my stupid bank & thats why I had to back out !

I didn't mean to back out on you & I appreciate you marking them sold for me. I am just shooting for to many things at once right now but I am glad to see you are keeping them because they are going to look sweet on your box with the new paint & kit.

Anyway nice choice on the backup set of wheels BTW they are super hot !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.