Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am I first time scion xB owner. I own a 2005 xB with 100,000. I have been wanting a Scion since I first laid eyes on it. I took me 16 yrs that’s crazy. I owned dozens of cars in that time. Thanks for excepting me in your forum, group or brotherhood of Scion lovers. I am from Mississippi so I don’t see many around . Just wanted to check in. I hope to learn a few things along the way.

·
Old School xB Builder
1,688 Posts
Welcome to the group. The only people you see running around with them anymore where I love in sc are old people. Not trying to say anything but unfortunately I fall into that group now that I'm 49. I've had 11 xB's, all have been Gen 1's. I got my first one five days after they came out in the United States back in 2004 on the East Coast. I currently own two. The most I've ever owned at one time was 5. Yes I have a Scion problem. I guess admission is the first sign of recovery.

I customize them and then get bored and start over.

Sent from my pimped out xB

Reactions: Flaco.RD

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
1,124 Posts
Hello I am I first time scion xB owner. I own a 2005 xB with 100,000. I have been wanting a Scion since I first laid eyes on it. I took me 16 yrs that’s crazy. I owned dozens of cars in that time. Thanks for excepting me in your forum, group or brotherhood of Scion lovers. I am from Mississippi so I don’t see many around . Just wanted to check in. I hope to learn a few things along the way.
Welcome to the site! The lowered stance with those wheels looks great.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It has 100159 miles. I hope it last awhile. It has a bar under the hood? Cold air intake. I assume it won’t increase the horsepower lol. Is that a stabilizer bar?

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello I'm Fred Butler I'm in benicia california and Vallejo areas I have a 05 xb and rebuild it and going to do the valves soon but I have cold air and turbo fan on it and I changed all sensor s on the car but the computer still has check engine light on dash and won't go off and the code said it is running lien but every sensor was fixed does anyone have a clue how to fix the lien problem that the computer is saying on my 05 scion xb text me if anyone knows thanks Fred Butler 707-333-9901.

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
1,124 Posts
It has 100159 miles. I hope it last awhile. It has a bar under the hood? Cold air intake. I assume it won’t increase the horsepower lol. Is that a stabilizer bar?
Nicely equipped xB! Several OEM options. With good maintenance, the engine routinely lasts 200,000 miles plus. The shock tower bar increases rigidity to the front end. A potential increase of horsepower via a CAI is contingent upon several factors; design, component material, length, inlet location, humidity, ambient temperatures, and type of filter. Looks like you might have an aftermarket amplifier using that huge battery tap wire.
Any other mods planned?

·
Registered
2 Posts
We just bought our first xB, I have wanted one forever. It just happened a childhood friends father had to sell his(he bought new). After talking to a friend and research we found we would be a fool not to buy it. Needs a bit TLC, but no one will miss it! As you can see 2005 xB limited release. She's our Pup Taxi Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Car Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle door Rectangle Gas Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Tire Wheel
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Car
Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle door Rectangle Gas
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Car Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle door Rectangle Gas
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Tire Wheel
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Tire Wheel

·
Old School xB Builder
1,688 Posts
I had a RS 2.0 i miss it. Bought it new in 05 looked just like yours when i got it. I Customized the hell out of it and showed it for years. Unfortunately it was destroyed in 2016...

Sent from my pimped out xB

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome to the club. I wanted a first gen bad - I use to sell Toyotas at a dealership in Evanston Illinois when Scions first came out- I drove a xB 5 speed as a demo car ( fun as heck) then one of the first Tc's - I owned a 2009 xB now I have a 2012 9.0 and I'm happier than a pig in slop. Reliability, Style, function, cheap to maintain, good resale value- can't beat the XB..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts