Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first tank on my polar white '06 Xb came out to 33.33 MPG. Not bad for a new engine. I'm impressed.

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
2,912 Posts
That's cool. I don't know how many MPG i get...i think my dad is trying to figure it out though.

·
Registered
219 Posts
33 MPG is a good start. If you have a 5 speed manual and you drive at moederate speeds, you can easily get that up above 35 MPG, even 38 or 39 on the highway. I've done it. You will find that the MPG will ge better by the 4th or 5th tankful.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
YellowSubxB said:
33 MPG is a good start. If you have a 5 speed manual and you drive at moederate speeds, you can easily get that up above 35 MPG, even 38 or 39 on the highway. I've done it. You will find that the MPG will ge better by the 4th or 5th tankful.
You're right, I did pull off 35 mpg during the motor break in period. I kept it under 70 mph and didn't wind out on the shifts too much. Then....I got a new exhaust system and my milage went down to about 29 mpg. I thought it was the fault of the exhaust but it turns out it's me. I love the sound of the muffler without the baffle and I find I'm winding it out all the time. I cruise most of the time at 80 mph on the freeway (unless Johnny Law is about). I did a few tanks driving like I did at first and my mpg went right back up. It's a trade off.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I have about 3000 miles on my automatic.I drive mostly highway(90%)at around 65-68 miles per hour and only average 29.5 mpg:( That was the same my 01 Jetta 1.8Turbo got and it had a ton more horsepower.Kinda let down by the mileage but I still like the car ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
MPG...no big problem with Scion Xb

Hey guys...let's not lose sight of how lucky we are to get 30+mpg...on any car.
I have 03 Hummer H2 Supercharged/Intercooled...getting 8.6mpg with Premium Fuel...That is horrible. Kentucky has a bunch of hills and the shear weight of the H2 makes it sluggish. I have 550hp and I still get passed by Scion Xb's weekly.
I have a 2004 Scion Xb...It's Polar White with White 5-star wheels, 3-piece Billet Aluminum grille, TRD Exhaust, Lowering Springs, Automatic Transmission, Fog lights, (uninstalled, brand new Cold Air Induction Kit), Rear Spoiler, etc...
I have to sell the Scion to make place for my wife's 4wd vehicle.
Anyone have an opinion as to what I should ask for the car? I bought it a year ago for $18000...Since, I have purchased the Cold Air Kit, Billet Aluminum Grille, TRD Exhaust, Lowering Springs, Window Tint....
Taking reasonable offers...Car is located in Kentucky (10 miles South of Cincinnati, OH)...
Thanks for any advice on this sale...
I will probably wait until the snow clears to clean the car and get pictures. Where should I list the car for sale?
Thansk again...
Tony

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Second tank, 32.44 MPG. Took my folks for a ride. They loved it. I payed $14,020. Suddenly all other cars seem impractical.

·
Who am I to say this?
2,110 Posts
We drove 275 miles on 11 gals. today from Lake Havasu City, AZ back home to Santa Clarita, CA. 25 mpg. isn't bad considering all the mountains and averaging between 80 to 90 mph the whole way. Big
to the little xBox. :D

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I can't understand people that want to part with their cute little box cars! If it's snow that you're having to deal with, move away from the snow. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.