Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for the forum. I purchased my first 2005 Scion xB, the previous owner said to only put super unleaded 93 octane in the car . He also said synthetic oil only, I assume the car was stock , it has a cold air intake, some type of stabilization bar in the engine bay plus it has raceland adjustable coilovers. I was wondering does that affect the ride. I prefer stock riding. I was wondering what would it take to go back to stock or just leave them alone. I am an older guy so like original on some vehicles. I will include some pictures. It has 17 inch wheels, what size are stock wheels
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Car Vehicle
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive side marker light
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Car Vehicle
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome 🤗 congrats on the xb, looks great! I my self would keep it as is.. your suspension - coilovers can be adjusted and be put back to a more stock height if you prefer. Stock wheels are 15. The front strut does not effect the ride quality - only makes it better 🙂

if you go back to stock wheels I will buy those 17. I would probably try to clean up some of that rust in the engine bay tho..

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Welcome to the Family. I would simply say, leave the Strut Bar for handling. The rest is up to you. Make it your own vision. Take care of it and it will last a long time.

Reactions: ShreddyP

·
Registered
19 Posts
You can put just regular gas in the xB. Buying hi octane is just throwing money away. 93+ is specifically for hi compression engines, which the 1NZ-FE is not.
If you are doing your own oil changes you could use Mobil 1 full synthetic (it doesn't require it), but I would not pay extra for that, if a shop was doing it. You might want Mobil 1 High Mileage, if you are north of 100K miles (helps to clean out varnish and sludge, and swells seals a little to avoid future leaks)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He is a mechanic so I didn’t question him. I came to the forum for my questions and to get knowledge. He said he uses royal purple synthetic only. That was the reason I was concerned if he had been racing it

·
Registered
19 Posts
OK. So... use royal purple. knock yourself out.
I can turn a wrench myself, and let me say there are plenty of mechanics who are idiots, so questioning their expertise is not out of line.
Premium gas is just totally unnecessary for the 1NZ-FE. A professional mechanic should know that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts