Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Who am I to say this?
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got tired of having just a stocker (other than the wheels) and got off my lazy duff and done-did some mods to our boxes. Last weekend I cleared my corners and while I had the bumper off I figured I'd mount some air-horns (no pics of the horns):

Ran out of time last weekend, so I had to do Angie's tonight (clear corners, not air-horns):

Now, just to let all of those out there that are afraid to do this know, IT WAS REALLY EASY!!!

Just remove all the bulbs and the little metal spring that holds the headlight bulb in...bake each one at 250 deg for 10 minutes (if you try to do more than one at time the second one will cool too much before you can pull it apart)...pull lens off the front (take your time, make sure you slowly work it off the clips all the way around so that you don't stretch or break them.)...once you have it open, remove the screw that holds the blinker reflector in (take care not to touch the inside of the lens, or you will have to clean it very well or just live with the finger prints inside the lens...lol)...you will see 2 clips that hold the yellow pieces to the reflector, press these out (they may be a stick a bit but just work it back and forth and it will come out.)...put the reflector back in, reassemble the lens cover on the body (just get it on as close as you can) then put assembly back in the oven for about 5 minutes once you have warmed them up again, the glue will be soft and firmly press lens back into place...repeat steps above for headlight #2.

Believe me, as long as you don't go over 250 deg, and you don't leave them in for longer than 10 minutes, there is no danger at all of melting them.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Turned out awesome! I wish I had done the "bake" rather than "brake" on mine. I have some small scratches on mine that most people don't notice but I do. Nice job.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Can we post the before pic of mine? Especially on the BSP, this no-money mod is really a sharp improvement, IMO. I'm so happy! :D

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Can you come and do MINE??? I was just given a set of blue bulbs too and they wont match with orange reflector! I want my corners cleared so damn bad!!!

AWESOME!!!!! Great job Jeff!!!

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
very cool! once i meet you again, i want to hear how the air horn sound like. i want my air horn to be just like the Monorail at Disneyland...

·
Registered
827 Posts
Looks awesome, Just did mine last night, and you are right, it is really easy. It looks so much better than stock......

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
LuvmyxB said:
Can you come and do MINE??? I was just given a set of blue bulbs too and they wont match with orange reflector! I want my corners cleared so damn bad!!!

AWESOME!!!!! Great job Jeff!!!
Sure, he'll do yours! Right, hun? :p

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
ThunderGod said:
come on jeff & angie, i know you guys have something else up yo sleave.....
lets see sum pics of you know what. =)
You think they're holding out on us????........

Nah, not them! They'd never do that to family!

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Very nice! I'm behind the power curve on this mod and need to do it ASAP!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.