Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, maybe my second... but the first one doesn't really count since the ipod stereo upgrade is a factory option. lol

anyways... wheels! i got my new 17" wheels yesterday! it really shows me just how badly i need to drop her.

next on the list are tint (this saturday) and fog lights (arriving next week).

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Nice! Looks much better without the stockies on there.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Looks good. I like the style and the machined look kinda pops on that color (well in this light). Now its time to get lower to the earth, but I am sure you are working on that. ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am trying to figure out how much lower. i've seen some of the springs that will drop it up to 2", but i am not sure i want to go that low. i don't want a rough riding xb, ya know.

any suggestions for springs that will only take her down about an inch or so?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
It already is.... Most of the time it is an improvement.

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
i am trying to figure out how much lower. i've seen some of the springs that will drop it up to 2", but i am not sure i want to go that low. i don't want a rough riding xb, ya know.

any suggestions for springs that will only take her down about an inch or so?
you can get some trd's, nf210's, h-techs....etc

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks good man! I also have 17's on my RS 4.0. Do lowering springs make it rougher or smoother of a ride or the same?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I know you don't want to go too low for fear of a bad ride. I would still recommend you check out the Tanabe DF210. 2.2"F/2.0"R drop. It may sound low, but the ride is great. My wife drives on these springs every day, and we have been all over California and to Vegas with the car. And this is on 215/35/18s.

·
Regular abUser
2,945 Posts
Nice rims, they look good with that color. For a cheap drop go springs, but if you can afford it just put on coilovers. I ride on the tein s techs (1.7/1.5) because I have an UB light kit that would crack goin up the driveway if I were any lower. Although if you don't have an extremely slanted driveway I'd go with DF210's.

·
Regular abUser
2,945 Posts
Well I would imagine coilovers would offer the better because they are adjustable, but not sure cause I don't own any. If you go with springs, I'm rollin with all of the stock stuff with my tein s with no complains. lil rough on bumbs but that is expected of any lowered vehicle.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Here is my Rs 4.0 on Tein STech.Ride is good.Love the drop.Love da wheels on yours too!

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I like it! Now let's get away from that 4 wheeler look!! :p

Nah, Im just kidding. Take it from all those who speak the truth about lowering the car actually helping with the ride! It's an honest answer. Believe me when I say that if you drop it an inch, like the nf210's, trd's....etc, you'll wanna go lower. ONLY go that route if you have railroad tracks and speed bumps that you constantly have to go over.

I myself am on TRD's. I'm switching out to Progress, the drop just ain't low enough!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I say invest in some coilovers......I recommend the Tein SS-P...but I'm sure there are a few others out there that have some they like that might be a bit cheaper too..

·
Registered
552 Posts
Looks nice

as far as ride new rear shocks make the best to smooth it out either low or stock, the Monroe's are worth their wieght in gold IMO.

I'd throw out there that DF210, Goldline, or coilovers is the way to go. I'm thinking of going to Progress coilovers for their smooth ride and adjustible hieght. I can't be lower than I'm now in winter but could be in summer.

You got a lot of choices, just stay away from the "sport" springs if you want a non-stiff ride.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts