Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kindly read: as some of your members are also unhappy. Make your own opinion about this company. I am only telling you about my experienced. On 5/4/06 I spoke with Mike/ owner, as I was interested in the carbon fiber doors for my xB and received a partial sponsorship. I was told he was getting a shipment of carbon fiber and could have my doors done around the 1st week of June. Well, that never happened and it was down hill from there and alot of broken promises. If you go back and see the blog for the Firmware Group Buy you will find evidence that the customers were getting unaccepatable treatment, no return calls or e-mails, they give a phone # + no one picks up etc. There is absolutely no excuse for any company to treat the customer like this. Don't you agree? Look at the Firmware Blogs for this evidence. Can you condone this?? I believe also alot of people like myself, kept their mouth shut because we are " car part whores" LOL and wanted to be the 1st to have it and were partially sponsored and didn't want to lose out on this magic moment. Firmware was waving this candy in front of everybodies face and we were just chasing our tails. LOL
Well, I never got my product during June, still after numerous calls + messages and this is the way they treated a sponsored person ????? . But Josue did call me during July 4th weekend and said that my doors were shipping that week (yeah right!) I never got them. I called several times and was promised again that they were shipping( yeah right!) I never got them. It seems that Firmware always has a excuse. LOL. I called 7/20 and asked where are the parts and I wanted to buy the roll cage bar and Josue was to call me back with a sponsor price that night. I didn't get a return call till 8/2/06. I am fuming and now not interested in making any additional purchases from them,so I didnt get the roll cage bar.

Then you hear about this carbon fiber shortage, well I can believe that. But, why have they not shipped fiberglass only parts? What"s that excuse?

Why was Firmware never up front with me or its customers? Look at the the blogs in the group buy about this. I asked them to tell me the truth about my doors and Josue always failed me.

I was suppose to have a fiberglass subwoofer enclosure made from my installer during the summer and never got it done, because I need my doors first. I had to constantly reschedule it because of Firmware and they were not honest enough to tell anybody that they were still doing research and development on the parts and wanted to just get orders and pray they could get the part made right, such as my doors. So maybe there is truth about The blog a former employee or business partner did about Firmware's research + development . Maybe if they were up front about their products, I and everybody would not be upset. I advised Josue several times that bad rumors were floating around but he never corrected things. I guess Firmware had dug a hole to big to get out and was stalling and waving the candy in everybodies face with additional promises such as additional discounts for those waiting delivery.

Did you notice that 95% of the time, if somebody said something negative about Firmware, it was not Firmware replying. It was only + every time the 3 same sponsored people. I guess Firmware was too busy and ran out of things to say, which is no excuse to it customers. People noticed this and were saying the same thing on the site.

Anyway I did get my carbon fiber doors the 3rd week of August, but only the two front. ???? duh!.. Why would I want to install the front doors without the matching rear??? any way they came in damaged by UPS. Josue said the was a shortage on the carbon fiber and couldn't have my rear doors until maybe the following month. . So being a part whore, as a favor to Firmware, I told him that I would take the doors, repair them and paint them as if they were Fiberglass and to give me credit. But I also noticed the imperfection on door molds + one had a poor clear coat painting and now did not trust the carbon fiber workmanship. So, since my doors were made in fiberglass and just waitng for the carbon fiber, which now I didn't want and I just wanted this nightmare to end + asked if he could ship my fiberglass doors the next day(yeh right! another lie). Well, I didn't get them after several e-mails, non returned messages until they ship them 9/1 and I got them on 9/8 . Well I thought . Firmware ship me the wrong doors and now Josue was blaming it on a secretary???LOL. I also told him that I did not get my partial credit refund due and he assure me that I would get my refund ASAP. I also asked him to get me an invoice. So I received my correct doors 2 weeks later, not 1 week later. Why? Were they still making them? Well, the fitment of all the doors were poor. the door panel brackets did not align with the door holes. I had to screw the doors in from the outside. The workmanship was poor, gaps between the door and in the door handles. But, instead of having additional headaches of returning /problems/trying to trust them on their word, I cut my lost. I will try to modify, paint and repair them.

Well, as of 10/2/06, still no partial credit refund or invoice. I was upset and didn't leave a kind message for Josue. What else could I do to get his attention. For as we all know, they return calls + messages at there leisure. I have experienced this 1st hand and I'm supposed to be a sponsored customer?? I've hate to be a regular or potential customer. but we have read the horror stories on the customer service in the xB group buy about that. But, Josue did call me back and I apologized and he promised to send me a certified check overnite on 10/6/06 ( yeah right!) I never got that check or invoice as promised. I left messages again and get a call on 10/10. The excuse was they did not have the money. Folks this is sad + may mean the company is financially unstable, for we are not talking about alot of money due to me. I was promised a check to go out again 10/11/06 overnite delivery. Well, I did finally get my check but again they lied. I got it 2nd day air, I guess they just had enough money for just for that. LOL I never got my invoice for my product as promised. During my whole experience with Firmware, I could not in good faith rightfully expose them as my sponsor nor recommend others to purchase from them. because how they treated me and others as far as customer service. Could you after reading this and read the "xB group buy for carbon fiber and fiberglass doors" from 5/06 to present. This is only my opinion from my experience and you are entitled to yours. God bless America
This weekend I went to the Scion ViP Boston Six Flags show. There I met 2 other sponsored people and it happened to be the 2 of the 3 people always sticking up for Firmware. I discussed with them my bad experience with Firmware and they lent an open ear. We shook hands and I wished them luck in winning a trophy. Well. let me tell you I have won 12 trophies this year for my Scion xB without Firmwares doors. I was lucky to win the "Best Interior" trophy at this event. And not because of Firmware's workmanship. Remember it's because of my interior and other interior/audio bling items and my workmanship to correct/ hide all the Firmware irregularities of the doors, which still needs attention to.

It's funny today, how I got an call from Josue today with him being upset. I guess the shoe is now on the other foot . Boy! I never saw him respond so fast. LOL He told me all day he was getting calls because I had bad mouthed Firmware to everybody( another lie) I only spoke to the 2 sponsored people. And could you believe he told me that Firmware was no longer my sponsor. LOL Like I really care. Boo! Hoo! Please... let me order another product from you. It will be like the movie "Ground Hog Day". LOL

So now Firmware, I guess now you can truthfully say I told everybody about my experience. Believe it or Not?

And now for the famous Firmware rebutal. LOL This is really going to be good. Now they are going to answer your questions and mine and tell you the truth several months later. What good is that? The damage was already done to the customers. Can you honestly believe a company who is always crying wolf. Stay tune folks for part 2. on Scionlife site

GO to the Scionlife site + select Forums, select Classifieds, then select Buyer/Seller reviews and look for the topic "Firmware: Believe it or Not . You could also maybe do a search for "Firmware" and hit up on all the topics about them, that has more detailed unhappy experiences in each blog.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Yep, I have seen the group buy on the other site. What a mess? I personally haven't ordered anything from them but probably never will with the bad rep they are already receiving. The parts do look nice though, but it seems it is lacking in fitment.

·
Registered
286 Posts
i bought the fender flares and the weave was terrible!
functions usa is a dealer and they are CRAP too!
i ended up sending them back and the guy said i'd get a full refund. he said i'd get the money two fridays ago and have yet to get it.
crap i tell you.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I am just going to warn you guys if you plan on having this vehicl not be a drag strip only car you don't want to screw around with doors. A side impact with fiber or carbon aftermarket door skins can actually kill you in a crash.

Also they are going to fit like crap, they always will. Carbon fitment is never perfect and fiberglass usually isn't worth it either. They also start to chip and peel like a mother when they get a little weathered.

Just don't screw with doors or door skins, the xB just don't have much on the sides as it is.

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
They are door inner panels not outer......if I am not mistaken. If they are outer then you are right no matter what the price you need your head examined to run them on the street.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stay tune folks for part 2. on Scionlife site

GO to the Scionlife site + select Forums, select Classifieds, then select Buyer/Seller reviews and look for the topic "Firmware: Believe it or Not . You could also maybe do a search for "Firmware" and hit up on all the topics about them, that has more detailed unhappy experiences in each blog.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Genesis_26317 said:
I am just going to warn you guys if you plan on having this vehicl not be a drag strip only car you don't want to screw around with doors. A side impact with fiber or carbon aftermarket door skins can actually kill you in a crash.

Also they are going to fit like crap, they always will. Carbon fitment is never perfect and fiberglass usually isn't worth it either. They also start to chip and peel like a mother when they get a little weathered

Just don't screw with doors or door skins, the xB just don't have much on the sides as it is.

They're talking about door panels, not DOORS.

also, this FIRMWARE company - they're a total worthless joke. You're a sucker if you give them any money up front.

Every time this happens with a "vendor" there are always a few people there to back them up - and it's always people with a vested interest in the situation and don't want to admit that they know they are in the porcess of being screwed too.

This isn't the first time and it's not the last.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Well, I'm not sticking up for anyone and I certainly don't have a vested interest (I paid full price for my part). I called and asked for the CF hatch panel and they said they had one in stock and I ordered it. This was a Wednesday. By Friday I hadn't seen the charge and Josue said there was a shipping error and it would be taken care of that day. I got my part on Monday.

I give the part an 8.5 out of 10. one hole wasn't drilled to replace the plastic tabs and I had to drill it out (I was a little nervous drilling on some CF). But other than that it looks okay to me and their price seemed fair.

I did wait forever for a set of the window units for the rear speakers. They never got back to me on those.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.