Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was making sure of what offset do i have on my wheels. they are SSR Schumacher 16x7. i search online and every wheel site gives out different offset, ranging from +36 to +45! i was wondering if anyone know the exact offset, or can i just find the offset by myself? thanks

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
The Shumachers, IIRC, are multipiece wheels, so they will have a range of offsets given on what the original purchaser/order wanted. There should be a sticker on the back of the rim, or an imprint of what it is. Itll be small and simple probably like "+30" or something. (thats just an example). You may have to measure it out to really find out the true offset of your individual set.

scotty

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool, thanks guys. but IF i cant find any stickers telling me the offset, how do i measure it?

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
thats the picture i had in my head when i started readint the thread. ive also been wanting to measure my offset. Before i havent really cared but im thinking of getting new rims so i wanna know what im up against with my spacer shim. good luck johnny

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
You can find out fairly easy even without the stickers.
They always have it printed on the wheels spokes or something..

It should have a stamp with the letter " E/T" or "ET" then whatever the offsets are. If you like bring a wheel with you to one of the meets and I can take a look for you...

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alright, so i was bored today and i took some pictures of the wheel. i cant find any stickers but i found some wheel balances.

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey Scotty, do you know the easiest way to measure it out?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Its hard to describe. Check out that diagram above though. Youll measure 3.5" in from the inner most spot of the rim before it goes to inner lip. Then use a string to make that the middle line and hang it in the center of the rim, then measure from mounting hub to string. It sounds stupid and hard, so that diagram does it better. Too bad Im not in Cali I could do it for ya easy.

scotty

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hahahha!!! after i read that, i felt stupid. alright, im going to measure it maybe tomorrow. i need to study for the finals. thanks Scotty.

oh, once i found out the offset, do i measure it in mm?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
sorry my description kinda sucks. if i was there it would so much easier! LOL

someone take me to Cali....

any how you can measure it anything you want, but youll want to convert it to mms later, so you might as well do it then.

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok, i feel stupid right now. i want out to the garage and measure the wheel, then came back to look at the picture about, then i found out i measure it wrong. LOL! so here is the question, where do i measure the wheel from to get the midpoint of the wheel? here are few pics of it:

so is it from point A, point B, point C, or D: none of the above?

thanks.

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
alright, so while i am waiting for you guys to answer those questions, i went ahead and clean some of the wheels. look what i found out!

similar wheels.

i just found out that these rims has different numbers. this one reads "35".

this one reads "32".

i went and checked the other 2 wheels. they have the same number, 32 and 35. do you guys think they are the offset?

if they are really the offset, then that means that on the driver's side, the wheels will be running 32 offset, while the passenger side will be running 35 offset...

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
what? thats it? thats the offset?

but dont you think that its kinda weird that they have to separate the number?

wow, 3mm difference is not much, huh?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts