Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
17x7 HEAD40 Premium wheels!! After a 6 months search I finally won a set. It'll be a few weeks before they arrive form Japan, but the wait was definatly worth it:D

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Sweet, What color is your box that they will be going on?

There is the Pearl White ones being sold in the classifieds, I think they are the same ones I posted about that were sold on eBay.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it was the bB's on the damd website where I first saw them. They're in the pics of the lionheart and imperial bodykits. Not knowing who made them at first I asked around about them, and finally came up with a name when a guy who works at a shop by my house had them on his TCM XB. Ever since then I had to have them.

PADANKY: I'm the one who messaged you a few times when you posted the link about the white FBI's on ebay that Chapelle ended up buying. You also led me in the right direction in finding out make/model of these. The design is pretty close to the ones being sold on here. There's slight differences in the spokes shapes and these are all chrome plated instead of white. They're going on a BSP box.

·
Registered
44 Posts
that's great to see that you finally found a set. a word of advice though... get yourself a good wheel cleaner, these things don't stay clean very long :D
- Dustin

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
heheeh...yeah the TCM at Autobacs is where I first saw them in person. I've talked to the owner a few times, but he was pretty hush about them. Didn't want to say much. Did say that he got them because they received two sets a while ago, and he bought one of them for a really good price.

·
bB Squad
4,152 Posts
heheeh...yeah the TCM at Autobacs is where I first saw them in person. I've talked to the owner a few times, but he was pretty hush about them. Didn't want to say much. Did say that he got them because they received two sets a while ago, and he bought one of them for a really good price.
why do peeps have to be soo hush hush about their wheels....
spread the info!!!

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
why do peeps have to be soo hush hush about their wheels....
spread the info!!!
Yeah that's how I felt, but whatever.

Now it's time to shop for tires, since the ones that are included are pretty worn. I would really like to have a little stretchy stretch going on, but with the wheels only being 7" wide I'd need a pretty narrow tire. Any suggestions on stretching over 7"? My other option was no stretch with the standard 205/40/17 . The offset is 25 on these, so I was also wanting to push them out a bit with 5 or 10mm in the back and maybe a 3mm in front. I'm new to the spacer thing, so what's everyone's thoughts? Kinda looking for a medium aggressive look with the tires just flush or a little past.

I'm also doing away with my df210's, and dropping w/ progress coilovers very very soon:D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah that's how I felt, but whatever.

Now it's time to shop for tires, since the ones that are included are pretty worn. I would really like to have a little stretchy stretch going on, but with the wheels only being 7" wide I'd need a pretty narrow tire. Any suggestions on stretching over 7"? My other option was no stretch with the standard 205/40/17 . The offset is 25 on these, so I was also wanting to push them out a bit with 5 or 10mm in the back and maybe a 3mm in front. I'm new to the spacer thing, so what's everyone's thoughts? Kinda looking for a medium aggressive look with the tires just flush or a little past.

I'm also doing away with my df210's, and dropping w/ progress coilovers very very soon:D
that sounds like the same specs as mine. for spacers i have OTG 10mm shims in the back and that's about as flush as you can go without sticking far past the fenders. not sure if there are any tires skinnier than 205s for a 17 in rim though.
- Dustin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts