Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got 17X7 40 offset, and was just wondering how they are gonna look in my box. Is that offset gonna be too far into the wells?

the other thing is, what tire size is good for this setup? I am not worried about them being extremely wide, as I am on a tight budget.

I am pretty stoked, I am so sick of the hubcaps.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, theyre kinda generic......I got them from ebay, but they are all I could afford. (according to the wife lol)

Attachments

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
You could put the 25mm spacers on rear, also found on eBay. And 5mm on front.
I am running these spacers on 18x7.5 40off-set

Rear spacer and difference.

Attachments

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, thanks man, that is definately on my to-do list then. I will probably have them before I mount the rims.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Matt, I believe for the 17' wheel, a 215/40 is recommended for plus sizing. I'm no technician, but I've come to understand the overall diameter with that set-up is very close to stock.

Oh yeah, congrats!! Nice wheels!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool, thanks. I will be sooo glad when I have those stockers stacked in my garage. They were driving me nuts. Seemed like everything I did to my box was nice, but it just didn't look right without a set of rims.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
xjeepguy said:
Cool, thanks. I will be sooo glad when I have those stockers stacked in my garage. They were driving me nuts. Seemed like everything I did to my box was nice, but it just didn't look right without a set of rims.
That's funny, 'cause I just put on the stock wheels!

It looks really weird now, plus there's alot of tire squeal now on turns!

You're gonna love your new set-up, especially on turns!! :D

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, the rims are here, but thanks to my back, I will not be getting my tires for a while :(:(:(. They look way better in person than in the pics, and I cant wait untill I can get some tires. Anybody know of any online places where I can get some tires pretty cheap?

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
xjeepguy said:
Well, the rims are here, but thanks to my back, I will not be getting my tires for a while :(:(:(. They look way better in person than in the pics, and I cant wait untill I can get some tires. Anybody know of any online places where I can get some tires pretty cheap?
Get better Matt! We wanna see those wheels on your box! I'm sure some tire info will be coming shortly...... :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
xjeepguy said:
i usually get my tires from www.tires.com

i dont live near any of their stores, but they offer free shipping and i have been pleased with their service each time i have ordered tires from them.

mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
finally ordered my rims

try wheelmax.com I bought 17"wheels and tires plus road hazard and shipping for little over $700.00

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the replies! I will definately be looking into all of these links and see what I can do to get rid of these damn hubcaps. It sucks having rims sitting there waiting for tires.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hotbox05 said:
those rims may be "generic" but they looks pretty decent imo. :)
Thanks man, I was very suprised at how nice they looked in person. They have a very nice finish on them and look like they will look pretty sweet on my box. The pics just dont do them justice.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hot Damn!!! Just ordered my tires! Now I am stoked. Those !$#%*@ hubcaps will be history by wednesday.:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts