Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's been sitting in the garage a couple days, finally got a chance to put it on today. I like it a lot :D Good sound, nice polished finish, and fills the rear cutout a little better. Best part is I got it new for $97 shipped from fleaBay.
I haven't got to drive it but around the block, plus I don't expect to much gain with stock airbox (Fujita short ram is next).
Thought I'd post some pics because in another thread someone said they didn't know Stillen made an axle back for the xB so here it is.

I just got done installing it and it's dark outside so I'll get some better pics tomorrow of it.

Cheers

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Shineyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. I like shiney. :D

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DTRAIN619 said:
Sweet! How's it sound?
Deeper and just a little louder then stock at idle. I just got it on at 10pm so I only took it around the block and didn't want to "kick in it" being late. But better than stock so far :D I'll get back with better detail and maybe even a sound clip if I get a chance.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't find my voice recorder so no sound clip, but I did have a chance to take a trip in the xB.
The exhaust is not that loud ever, it has a nice low hum tone to it. There was an increase using the "seat dyno" but not much. The look and sound are killer without being loud and obnoxious. I talked to the seller and to Stillen and this exhaust has been discontinued. So for the people that pm'ed me where I got it from, he only has a few more.
Here are some more pics of it installed

I know my box is dirty, been raining here for a couple days :D

·
Registered
611 Posts
looks great!!!!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Looks sweet! I would like a sound clip.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Wow...Look Nice and clean!!!

Stillen??? I never know that Stillen made stuff for the xB....
Don't they make allot of stuff for Nissans???

·
Registered
44 Posts
i just picked one off of ebay as well. a lil more than 97 bucks but still cheaper than most quality systems. try 125 shipped. aint too bad i guess.

·
Registered
869 Posts
ooooh good....i hate that when you hear those honda's that sound all high pitched and raspy.....it reminds me of when someone scraches a chalkboard..lol

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Well when you only have 4 small pistons, you wont get a deep song, like a V8!!! Who on ebay did yall buy these from?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Skeeter said:
Well when you only have 4 small pistons, you wont get a deep song, like a V8!!! Who on ebay did yall buy these from?
Not saying deep like a V8, but deep for a 4 banger. As soon as I can locate my voice recorder I'll post a sound clip.

I got mine from this guy
http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZdsmtrading

But he said he only had a few left last I talked to him, Stillen stopped making them in 04 as I was told . If you go to Stillen site you have to select 04xB. These must of been sitting around a while :D
I like it, not loud and annoying but sporty.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
the sound of a car's exhaust largely has to do with muffler , pipe size , resonators and then of course the motor.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i just installed my stillen and fujita shorty intake today. i was pretty impressed with the sound of the 2 together. not too loud but a nice noticable humm to it. you can tell its not stock anymore. at 75 rolling down the garden state parkway it sounded sweet. the exhuast was cake to install. the intake took a lil longer than i thought because of the extended directions for the 06's. im still waiting for my obx 4-2-1 header and 15x8 sport max 002;s. they should be here tomorrow or the next day. ill post up some pics. they will be the first pics of my baby posted yet. stay tuned.......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.