Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just bought a manual 05 and love it already. Took me forever to finally pull the trigger and get a box bit have to admit it's pretty awesome.

·
Old School xB Builder
1,676 Posts
Welcome to ClubxB. When you get a chance post up some pix of your new xB and where you are from. There are a lot of cool people here with tons of knowledge from all over the place. If you have questions feel free to ask. Chances are one of us will have an answer.

Sent from my pimped out xB

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to ClubxB. When you get a chance post up some pix of your new xB and where you are from. There are a lot of cool people here with tons of knowledge from all over the place. If you have questions feel free to ask. Chances are one of us will have an answer.

Thanks, looked through some of the forums and everyone seems super cool. Will send pics just a little sad it's in rough shape. Got one from a cash car place because a little strapped. It's super basic and has a little bashed tailgate but otherwise runs smooth for 180k+

·
Old School xB Builder
1,676 Posts
Thanks, looked through some of the forums and everyone seems super cool. Will send pics just a little sad it's in rough shape. Got one from a cash car place because a little strapped. It's super basic and has a little bashed tailgate but otherwise runs smooth for 180k+
Both of mine that I currently have now were too to start with. one was a repo from a Buy Here Pay Here place that I picked up with a blown engine for $800. The other one was one that I bid on at a title loan place for $750.00. somebody apparently defaulted on a title loan and it looks like they hit a pillar at a gas station with the driver's doors. Now they are both tricked out.

I've had 11 gen 1's now. I'm kind of the resident Scion whore... but like they say, admission is the first sign of recovery. Most I've ever owned it once was 6. Several of them I bought brand new fully customized mm got bored with them got rid of them picked up another one and start it over. I got my first one five days after they were released on the east coast in 2004.

I have one that I've been customizing pretty extensively for about two years now I should make its debut next year. The other one I'm painting right now and I should have the paint done next week hopefully.

Reactions: jawhn

·
Registered
2006 Scion xB Automatic
48 Posts
That's what I'm reading pretty often.
I should probably clarify, but... I love Gen1s because of the fuel economy. The 2ndGens lost a considerable chunk of that. (Although they do have a more powerful engine and better side impact protection)

The honest reason, though, is that I just love the awkward square-edged boxy shape... The later xBs just don't do it for me. Too normal looking, haha.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I should probably clarify, but... I love Gen1s because of the fuel economy. The 2ndGens lost a considerable chunk of that. (Although they do have a more powerful engine and better side impact protection)

The honest reason, though, is that I just love the awkward square-edged boxy shape... The later xBs just don't do it for me. Too normal looking, haha.
Haha yeah. I get that. I feel it's more of a statement like "f aerodynamics, you're going to get outta my way because I say so air." Bad joke but hope that makes sense

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Both of mine that I currently have now were too to start with. one was a repo from a Buy Here Pay Here place that I picked up with a blown engine for $800. The other one was one that I bid on at a title loan place for $750.00. somebody apparently defaulted on a title loan and it looks like they hit a pillar at a gas station with the driver's doors. Now they are both tricked out.

I've had 11 gen 1's now. I'm kind of the resident Scion whore... but like they say, admission is the first sign of recovery. Most I've ever owned it once was 6. Several of them I bought brand new fully customized mm got bored with them got rid of them picked up another one and start it over. I got my first one five days after they were released on the east coast in 2004.

I have one that I've been customizing pretty extensively for about two years now I should make its debut next year. The other one I'm painting right now and I should have the paint done next week hopefully.

Nice! Yeah a buddy of mine in college had the California Gold one. It was sick so was like, lemme grab one now 16 years later hahah. I just wish I didn't miss out on the mod scene. Looks like parts are drying up now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I've had 11 gen 1's now. I'm kind of the resident Scion whore... but as they say, admission is the first sign of recovery. Most I've ever owned it once was 6. Several of them I bought brand new fully customized mm got bored with them got rid of them picked up another one and start it over. I got my first one five days after they were released on the east coast in 2004.

WOW.. I've been looking at the site through my phone before and never saw the pics of your cars. THEY ARE AWESOME! I need to keep mine up high though as it's going to be my daily. I do want to mod some small things. Like I saw a dude on youtube replace the steering wheel with a Celica wheel. While looking around it seems like I'm going to have to get friendly with my local junkyards.

·
Old School xB Builder
1,676 Posts
The one on painting right is a daily / show vehicle but I do have another actual daily as well

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey everyone, just bought a manual 05 and love it already. Took me forever to finally pull the trigger and get a box bit have to admit it's pretty awesome.
Congratulations I have a 2012 RS but I use to sell Toyotas at Evanston Toyota in illinois- they've closed now- I drove a 2004 5 speed- it shifts so smoothly with that cable in there- Enjoy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts